Basic question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawneelynn

Reaction score
Is a stick blender the same thing, or similar to, the electric milk frothing sticks? I've seen many of those for sale pretty cheap. Would they work stirring soap?

Frothers are not the same thing and I doubt they would work very well. The smaller ones are great for mixing powders into water or oils before adding to the soap. This is a stick blender.
500x_cuisinart_stick_blender.jpg

I usually can't either yard sales have been great but I hit the second hand jackpot tonight. I also grabbed a cuttlebug embossing and die cutt for $4.

I found one at the goodwill for $7. Brand new/never used. It's an off brand so I'm not sure how good it really is, but for $7 I'm willing to risk it.

new stick blender.jpg

I have a hand mixer already, but it has mixing attachments, not stick. I wonder if I could find stick attachments for my hand mixer?

Depending on your recipe you could hand stir. If you are using mostly oo and soft oil this could take hours. I have a few formulas that I can hand stir to trace in about 20 min.

Latest posts

Back