No gelling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sethkaylyn

Reaction score
I have to say that I love the looks of non gelled soaps. Such a creamier look although I am not patient enough to wait a couple of days before cutting. They are still soft when I cut since I only wait 24 hours.
I put them in the freezer for a couple of hours then refrigerate overnight. I really should wait longer. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1413805722.965554.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1413805734.452896.jpg

Oh my- your soaps are absolutely gorgeous looking!

For reference sake, you can get the same creamy/opaque look in gelled soap, too, by adding just a tiny bit of TD to the main base (not much is needed at all).

IrishLass :)

Oh my- your soaps are absolutely gorgeous looking!

For reference sake, you can get the same creamy/opaque look in gelled soap, too, by adding just a tiny bit of TD to the main base (not much is needed at all).

IrishLass :)

Thanks everyone!

I actually used a pinch of Violet Red mica to get the soft pink. I was just experimenting and voila...lol.
I hope it stays that pretty. I see a little soda ash starting to form on the bars. I wonder if cutting too soon causes this

Thanks irishlass! I always look forward to your feedback. I really would like to gel so it wouldn't take so long before I'm able to cut. I will definitely try the titanium trick!

Back