Home parties

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaerwen

Reaction score
Has anyone done one? I'd there a formula for deciding what amount of product to bring? I've been asked to do a party for 20! They want stuff for Xmas and themselves. I'd have no idea what to show up with. It's 4 hours away from me but have a trip planned to that area anyway.

How do you run a home party ?

Any ideas/thoughts or experiences you share will be very appreciated.

Following. I have my first soap home-party on Monday night (not my idea, a customers) and I've been trying to figure it out too. I'm bringing lots of soap, but I was thinking that if I have some that aren't fully cured or I run out, I can take orders.

I would take examples of everything as a priority then more stock of the items you know sell well, especially as gifts for Jesus' Birthday.

In most cases I think people have to order things more than being able to take it away on the day, so it shouldn't be a shock to most of them.

The hostess has suggested I bring between 8-10 premade $20-$60 baskets and a dozen of each product I make. After that she said the same, take orders.
I really don't want to come off unprepared. Should I have a door prize/gift draw?

Update: just had my first home party and it was really good! Sold about $400 in an hour and a half, not bad at all. And great exposure as most of the soaps were bought for gifts. So that doubles or triples the exposure. I'll definitely do it again.

Update: just had my first home party and it was really good! Sold about $400 in an hour and a half, not bad at all. And great exposure as most of the soaps were bought for gifts. So that doubles or triples the exposure. I'll definitely do it again.

I've had a few people ask me about doing home parties too... Do you mind if I ask how exactly you went about doing it? Did you have samples for everyone to try out? Did you do a presentation? Or do you just set up a booth and let people pick/order?

Latest posts

Back