Packaging for lotion bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love them in tubes. They sometimes get confused for deodorant, but I love having the palms of my hands grease free. I also like the wider roll up tube for better skin coverage if applying to legs and arms, like I do. Here's a pic:

image.jpg

ISG, do you label your tins?? Is there a 2 oz round label template somewhere??

Not ISG but Avery has a template with a bunch of designs to choose from for the 2" label. I use them for my shaving soap and travel lotion bars. I get the roll up tubes from Elements Bath and Body

Not ISG but Avery has a template with a bunch of designs to choose from for the 2" label. I use them for my shaving soap and travel lotion bars. I get the roll up tubes from Elements Bath and Body

lol.......I think I am "Avery Challenged" when it comes to trying to use the "free" templates online.
I was lurking thru the soap labels and now I think my labels look like a 5th grader came up with the design AND I used the dreaded "Comic Sans" font!! My labels need a definite make over. lol

I was lurking thru the soap labels and now I think my labels look like a 5th grader came up with the design AND I used the dreaded "Comic Sans" font!! My labels need a definite make over. lol

Fonts are like your Logo... They're important for branding, and for making your product stand out. If you spent 2 hours on your Logo, I urge you to spend at least that much time invested, in deciding on a font. Playing around with what looks good to you - and what sets your label apart.

Comic Sans....to me....was a font that my Dad thought was cool when he made my Mom's business card.....like fifteen years ago. :p

And I don't mean that in a bad way - that is just what I associate that particular font with.

One thing you might try - is looking up free fonts online.
Not all fonts are the same. I have about 30 fonts I downloaded and installed because Word, simply didn't have what I wanted. It's very easy.

I can post instructions but this is the jist:

google: free fonts online.
choose font to download.
extract font from zipped folder once downloaded.
open control panel (windows 7 you have to "search" for the fonts folder.)
open fonts folder.
Drag and drop.
Delete the leftovers (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog).

Back to the actual choosing of a font: pick something you like.
Cursive. Handwritten-look. Typewriter. Old-school-looking.

Decide what kind of Font YOU want to be associated with your branding.

And people like fonts they can see - and they can read. Too many fonts clutter a label. Pick one font for your Logo; to distinguish brand recognition.
Pick another for everything else, or keep it uniform.

I used to work in a hotel where we made new menus every night. (Yes, that was my favourite job, because I LOVE fonts.) Anyway. When we had weddings, we always had the standard Logo for the hotel restaurant up top. Then we had the name of the dish (usually in a readable cursive font), then the description and price - in a type font.

Certain scripts/cursives go well with other printed fonts.
Some people like just one font - that's cool too.

But, I'm a believer in 2 - 3 fonts max. No more.

Fonts are like your Logo... They're important for branding, and for making your product stand out. If you spent 2 hours on your Logo, I urge you to spend at least that much time invested, in deciding on a font. Playing around with what looks good to you - and what sets your label apart.

Comic Sans....to me....was a font that my Dad thought was cool when he made my Mom's business card.....like fifteen years ago. :p

And I don't mean that in a bad way - that is just what I associate that particular font with.

One thing you might try - is looking up free fonts online.
Not all fonts are the same. I have about 30 fonts I downloaded and installed because Word, simply didn't have what I wanted. It's very easy.

I can post instructions but this is the jist:

google: free fonts online.
choose font to download.
extract font from zipped folder once downloaded.
open control panel (windows 7 you have to "search" for the fonts folder.)
open fonts folder.
Drag and drop.
Delete the leftovers (the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog).

Back to the actual choosing of a font: pick something you like.
Cursive. Handwritten-look. Typewriter. Old-school-looking.

Decide what kind of Font YOU want to be associated with your branding.

And people like fonts they can see - and they can read. Too many fonts clutter a label. Pick one font for your Logo; to distinguish brand recognition.
Pick another for everything else, or keep it uniform.

I used to work in a hotel where we made new menus every night. (Yes, that was my favourite job, because I LOVE fonts.) Anyway. When we had weddings, we always had the standard Logo for the hotel restaurant up top. Then we had the name of the dish (usually in a readable cursive font), then the description and price - in a type font.

Certain scripts/cursives go well with other printed fonts.
Some people like just one font - that's cool too.

But, I'm a believer in 2 - 3 fonts max. No more.

Consuela, you are now my Font best friend!!! Thank you for the recommendations and advice. :clap:

One word of warning: use an antivirus scan on any downloaded file. Also, try not to click on the paid-results that appear at the top of the page: they are notorious for malware. Use the regular search results instead.

Fonts files and computer-prettiness-makers like cursors are spots that viruses like to hide. Remember your military training against viruses:

vd12.jpg

I sell them in roll-up tubes as well as guest size lotion bars in tins. I love lotion bars and they sell well during the cold weather when it's really dry from the furnace.

Good morning, Shunt. Where do you purchase your roll-up tubes??

Good morning, Shunt. Where do you purchase your roll-up tubes??

Elements Bath and Body. They are less than a dollar when buying 50 but of course there's shipping too. But I also purchase my lip tubes & lids, oval tubes for my solid perfume and roll on packaging too. I also like their lip flavors.

Happy New Year......almost. :razz:
I bought the roll up containers for my lotion bars. Which Avery label do you use for them??

Happy New Year......almost. :razz:
I bought the roll up containers for my lotion bars. Which Avery label do you use for them??

Same to you! I use 2x4 labels from labels by the sheet. And then use the Avery template. I have also used the 2x3 from avery and they worked okay but are clear so harder to read. I prefer the 2x4.

Latest posts

Back