Ok no food soap today I promise

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinful7

Reaction score
Today I tried a different technique, it like reverse embossing. You pipe the design into the mold let it set then straight pour the base over it.. So your top becomes you bottom. Its a little sloppy because my piping job wasn't the best but all in all not bad for a first time really trying this method. Its fragrances with Nd sleigh ride and will be Christmas gifts!

1412252017701.jpg

This one has to come to room temp to cut.. Left it in the refrigerator overnight due to the fragrance heating up

I love the colors. I do wish I had done a swirl on the inside now. But I wasn't sure it would even turn out. Oh well it'll be a plain soap with a pretty shell!

Wow! Great job! The creative talent here always astounds me. What an awesome idea -and an awesome looking soap! Don't worry too much about it being a plain soap on the inside. Often times, less can be better. I think swirls would probably detract too much from the beautiful special-ness of the shell in this case.

IrishLass :)

Thanks IrishLass! I'll cut it a bit later today. Hope it turn out alright

I think you did a fantastic job and fully agree with IrishLass. Have one question, what do you think of the ND Sleigh Ride? I soaped it 2 nights ago and can say I was not real impressed with the fragrance. I usually use Brambleberry's but I find theirs does not hold scent well.

Its a little piney for my liking, I'll let it settle down a day or two before really giving an opinion. I have not tried bb's though so I've nothing to compare it to. I think a more appropriate name at this point would be Christmas fir or Christmas tree

I will see how I feel about them once I clean them up a bit and how the scent grows on me

They look so cute! I showed my daughter the first pic in the thread and she wants to know why I can't make soap like that LOL

Thank you all, you know hind sight is 20/20 but I kind of wish I had cut this in wedges.

Latest posts

Back