Not bad outcome after 3 month hiatus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neeners

Reaction score
I moved countries back in late June, and finally have soap molds and made my first soap the other day.

I tried to replicate this http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=41926&highlight=africa

and ended up with this..... overheated a little, but not too bad for not soaping after a while!

IMG_20140929_185340.jpg

Wow, great rendition! I was inspired by that soap too but never could have come so close. And you were even out of practice! Nicely done :clap:

Moving countries is so adventurous. Will you share where left and where you landed?

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! I will have to try it again and not have it overheat... maybe find some other spice EO to swap for the cinnamon.

@CaraBou, I was living in Barbados, and moved back to Toronto, Ontario. :)

CaraBou, yep! I'm kind of a polar bear, so the year round Caribbean heat was too much for me to handle (among other issues).

the base colour is French red clay, white is TD and black is activated charcoal. even though I put a lot of clay for the base, it doesn't discolour the bubbles. I was worried when too much got dumped in (but glad it did b/c the base colour turned so vibrant!)

Latest posts

Back