Hoosier Wood Works White Oak Soap Rest Giveaway!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Admin
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a giveaway going here on SoapMakingForum so it's with great exuberance I announce the formation of the Hoosier Wood Works White Oak Soap Rest Giveaway!

SMF-Soap-Rest-1.jpg

From Hoosier Wood Works:
Extend the life of your favorite bath soap with this white oak soap rest. White oak is the strongest, most rot-resistant wood in North America and will last for years. Wide, deep grooves allow water to drain away and air to circulate around your bar of soap, extending its useful life. No more “gucky” soap!

If a lot of soap residue does build up on the soap rest, simply toss it into the laundry! Each soap rest is sanded and left unfinished - no oils to go rancid, no finish to wear away.And don't worry about this soap rest rotting away like pine and other species of wood will. This soap rest will be around for a looong time!

Makes a great gift, especially when combined with a bar of homemade soap. Sold in sets of three to maximize shipping rates. Each soap rest is about 3/4" x 2" x 3-1/2". Makes a great thank you gift at wedding showers!

Fun Fact: After the American Revolution, The US Navy chose the plentiful white oak to construct the nation’s ships. Departing from the British method of using white oak only for the structural members of ships--ribs and keelson--American ship builders also used white oak to blank the hull. When war came again in 1812, the USS Constitution astounded the British admiralty when cannon balls fired upon her “bounced off as if she was made of iron,” hence the Constitution’s nickname, Old Ironsides.

SMF-Soaprest-2.jpg

Prizes:

First Prize - One (1) White Oak Soap Rest, and one (1) Lifetime Supporting Membership here at SoapMakingForum

Second Prize - One (1) White Oak Soap Rest, and one (1) Annual Supporting Membership here at SoapMakingForum

Third Prize - One (1) White Oak Soap Rest

Rules and Entry:

- Have 25 posts on the forum
- Post to this thread once.

If you have less than 25 post at the closing of this giveaway your post will be removed.

Drawing:

On October 29th I will close this thread and draw three (3) winners on October 30th. I will then contact those winners directly to let them know they have won.

To purchase these great products please follow these links.

Hoosier Woodworks by hoosierwoodworks on Etsy

http://www.hoosierwoodworksstore.com/

From everyone at Hoosier Wood Works and SoapMakingForum we wish you luck!

No purchase necessary. To enter by mail send full name, address, phone number to Entries must be received by October 29th, 2014. Void where prohibited. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. International winners to pay shipping. Limit One (1) entry per household.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo this is nice! Love those holders!

And the fun facts is cool too..heard of Ironsides, but never knew they were made of oak..how cool is that? :)

Thanks Hoosier!

Also, it was interesting to read about the USS Constitution. I had heard of "Old Ironsides" but I had forgotten if I even knew how it got the nickname.

SunWolf -

Hop over to the Photo Gallery and give compliments or just say hello to new people in the Intro section. ;)

Is this naughty of me to suggest?

hmpriv -

Please read the the requirements in the first post because there is a 25 post requirement. But you still have time to make it. :smile:

Oh my goodness, I don't know if I can get to 25 posts...every time I have a question, I find a thread already there answering it. I never even get to ask my questions because you guys are so awesome!! :clap: :D

I'll give it a good shot though, I would love one of those soap holders!!

ETA: oh look, this is post #20, I can get to 25 no problem!! Yay! :D

Ooooh! A nice wooden soap dish. Eventually I'll have to hunt for my favorite to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back