Rant about suppiers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welsh black

Reaction score
Just had to throw out a batch of soap, which totally riced when using a new fragrence. Good thing I only did a small batch.

This fragrence is advertised as being suitable for CP soap making, obviously they are not soap makers. Never again!!

I will stick with the supplers that I know in future.

I e mailed this firm and asked some questions - guess what? No reply.:evil::evil::evil:

I did try. Just looked like lake of oil with lumps of vomit floating about. I haven't soaped on a while, had all my colours ready for zebra swirl, I feel totally cheated!!!

I did try. Just looked like lake of oil with lumps of vomit floating about. I haven't soaped on a while, had all my colours ready for zebra swirl, I feel totally cheated!!!

Hey Welsh, save it. Globs and all. Take the solid pieces and grate them. Take the liquids and pour them in the crockpot on low as well. Add a little bit of water or liquid and set on low for about an hour. Mix every 15 minutes and maje sure it doesnt puff up out the top. Once it is past translucent stage at about 25 minutes to an hour, and pretty much one piece, then remold it. Maybe you already know this but try it out. The hot process method can save it. Good luck friend.

I have had many that do this and have always been able to save them. I stick blend like crazy, slap a lid on it and let it rest, sb again and continue sb'ing and resting until it comes together. I have an unusually mean fo that sells well that I have to do this when I use it. Given enough time it will come together. It is not the suppliers fault, they do not manufacture the fo and may have tested it with all going well for them. Many factors come into play with fo's especially florals

It is not the suppliers fault, they do not manufacture the fo and may have tested it with all going well for them. Many factors come into play with fo's especially florals

^^^This^^^ The FO in question may very well have worked wonderfully in the supplier's test batches due to the particular soap formula they used. I have a couple of FOs that do great in some soap formulas but absolutely horrible in others. I just wish suppliers were more forthcoming as to the kind of formula in which they tested the FO, as well as the temps and how much water they used. It would also be very helpful if reviewers on some of the FO review boards did the same (many don't, unfortunately).

IrishLass :)

I'll try and HP it tomorrow and stick blend like mad!! I had no idea that a different recipe would give different results with FO,s

I have one FO that rices everytime, but it can be beat into submission if I stay at it {alot of rapid stirring, and a few bursts of the SB} I always do a small test run with any new FO..I built a half pound mold just for this purpose.

After trying it once and having a bad result once, i really wouldn't go blaming the supplier...

well, your right, it may have been something else, I'm making a batch tomorrow using the same recipe without any fragrence. I'm going to add the fragrence to some M&P and add some curles to a CP base - fragrence free!!

there are good suppliers, bad suppliers and indifferent ones. If haven't decided which one this is yet - still waiting on a reply to my e mail, which I sent to them before I made the soap - no patience that's my problem.

I like the suppliers who let you leave a review on the fragrences, if all goes well, I usually re order with these.

well, your right, it may have been something else, I'm making a batch tomorrow using the same recipe without any fragrence. I'm going to add the fragrence to some M&P and add some curles to a CP base - fragrence free!!

there are good suppliers, bad suppliers and indifferent ones. If haven't decided which one this is yet - still waiting on a reply to my e mail, which I sent to them before I made the soap - no patience that's my problem.

I like the suppliers who let you leave a review on the fragrences, if all goes well, I usually re order with these.

No patience is good if in your no patience you are making more soap loaves.:shh:

I have supplier that does not test their fo's, so I get a sample and test it myself. Also the supplier may not know it is a problem, as IrishLass stated, if they did not have a problem during their testing. Different recipes, temps, liquid amounts, superfatting %'s can all cause a fo to react differently. I have even had side by side batches with the same fo act differently.

Latest posts

Back