Ylang Ylang EO in soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Ylang Ylang 3 sometimes in cp soap, have to use a fair amount but works nicely.

Just used it in an Hp, works great. In CP I use it in generous amounts, use a middle note and a base note of patchouli or soemthing heavier. It is rather expesive to experminet. If you get a chance get a sample of YL-YL from Comoros.

Just used it in an Hp, works great. In CP I use it in generous amounts, use a middle note and a base note of patchouli or soemthing heavier. It is rather expesive to experminet. If you get a chance get a sample of YL-YL from Comoros.

is there some kind of link I can see about notes? I need to learn more when I blend my eo.

is there some kind of link I can see about notes? I need to learn more when I blend my eo.

In the fragrance world, most notably perfumery, the most basic ideal is that there are three tiers or layers to a scent. Sure one can use a single note or even all top notes --which are light and will most likely cook off during the cold process or if exposed to heat since they are lighter and usually have lower flashpoints. The top notes usually are what sells a fragrance although in perfumery are short lived. The middle notes are inbetween bottom and top notes which have some stability, range and add depth but not like the bottom notes. Patchouli is an example of a bottom note; it is heavy it is grounding, it can anchor the scent and has amazing staying power.

Remind me if I don't get back to you about notes and EO blending. I am sure I have a trove of pdf's somewhere. g-f :wave:

I find it a beautiful amazing EO to use in cp soaps. I have it currently in 2 soaps I sell, one of which is my best seller.

In the fragrance world, most notably perfumery, the most basic ideal is that there are three tiers or layers to a scent. Sure one can use a single note or even all top notes --which are light and will most likely cook off during the cold process or if exposed to heat since they are lighter and usually have lower flashpoints. The top notes usually are what sells a fragrance although in perfumery are short lived. The middle notes are inbetween bottom and top notes which have some stability, range and add depth but not like the bottom notes. Patchouli is an example of a bottom note; it is heavy it is grounding, it can anchor the scent and has amazing staying power.

Remind me if I don't get back to you about notes and EO blending. I am sure I have a trove of pdf's somewhere. g-f :wave:

Do you have the notes for eo blending? Thx

In my experience, it moves fast and you don't need a lot. I prefer it in a blend so it's not too overpowering.

Latest posts

Back