Ooop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkbanshee87

Reaction score
Ok so I made my first batch of soap and two days later thare still soft and purple on the ph strip any ideas what went wrong

1411207317934.jpg

It sounds like your soap did not go through the gel stage. Not to worry, though. Soaps that don't go through the gel stage are softer and more alkaline at first than soaps that do go through the gel stage, but they eventually harden up, and the pH will drop the longer you let them sit. My own un-gelled soaps can sometimes a week to harden and mellow out.

IrishLass :)

I had that happen.:Kitten Love: Having never done HP in a SC, I tried it, and just went with it, added a bit of water, and it worked. It took a few hours. I did NOT want to throw it away. It was all good in the end, and turned out to be a very nice soap. But :crazy: it was mind boggling. I learned a lot from that experience.

It's good to know to never throw it away, something can be done. Here on SMF, there are answers, and many who will help because they've been there too. :p

Back