"A Little Sexy" or a soft rose FO for Grandma

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ourwolfden

Reaction score
I'm looking for opinions on this. I want to make some soaps for my grandma (hopefully for Christmas).

Originally the thought was to find a soft rose fragrance since that is her favourite flower. I was hoping for some recommendations on what sticks, smells nice but not overwhelming.

But her favourite perfume is called "A Little Sexy"and was wondering if anyone is familiar with an FO that is similar.

Thanks!

A Little Sexy is actually a dupe of Giorgio Red. Got this description from Amazon A chypre fragrance, with distinct notes of citrus and woody base notes
Top notes of peach, black currant, hyacinth and cardamom
Mid notes of gardenia, tuberose, rose and lily of the valley
Base notes of cedar, patchouli, sandal and labdanum

I wore that at one time. It's a nice fragrance.

I did a search on fragrance oil finder and nothing came up. Maybe someone else can give you some idea.

SOS had many different versions of Red dupes, but this one actually has reviews. There is also Midwest Fragrance Company, but I don't know anything about them. I can't seem to post a direct link, but this page has the dupe:

http://midwestfragrancecompany.com/...ce-Oils/All-Fragrances/R&page=2&sort=featured

P.S.: SOS has sniffies that you can get (up to 5 for $3.99) and I read somewhere here that the sniffies can scent a pound of soap.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone! Now I just have to decide what ones I want to try...

Back