Finished my 2nd attempt

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holistichonnies

Reaction score
Quite pleased with these cute little cup cakes.

Lemon pie style and some random pink blobs which were from this mornings attempt at frosting. I thought I had messed it up so just put it in moulds, ended up fine lol

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410818421.754372.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410818447.027436.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410818470.633813.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1410818494.299379.jpg

Iv failed so many times I'm becoming an expert

the bases on the lemon pie one's really set up quick on me, as you can see, a few have air pockets and not that tidy, but for a 2nd attempt at soap making I think I did ok :)

Next Im going to try a loaf again :)

Cute cute! And very impressive at your 2nd attempt. I just started using my 2nd batch (it's finally been 4 weeks!) and it's so exciting. You'll have to let us know how they perform :)

Well thats the sad thing about soap making for me .... I wont actually get to use the soaps I make, I cant use ANY soap, its always dried my skin and gives me painful dry patches :( even the mildest baby soap irritates my skin lol my youngest daughter (10 months) is the same, cant even use shampoo on her hair.

My mission i to make the perfect soap for us ;)

Well thats the sad thing about soap making for me .... I wont actually get to use the soaps I make, I cant use ANY soap, its always dried my skin and gives me painful dry patches :( even the mildest baby soap irritates my skin lol my youngest daughter (10 months) is the same, cant even use shampoo on her hair.

:( I hope you accomplish your mission! My skin isn't too sensitive, but has gotten really dry over the past couple of years. I started to make soap to try to keep myself from scratching my skin off! LOL.

Are you going to give these away to friends/family? Surely they'll give you feedback, no? If not, then ill just send you my address and you can unload all your soapy goodies on me :D

Haha yes my mum, sister in law and best friends are my testers. I will test one myself once, just to see how the lather.

I'm going to try a buttermilk soap to see how that reacts with my skins

You need to make a basic soap with no colors or scents, with a decent superfat amount and try it. I would suggest something with coconut oil less than 20%, lard or tallow about 40%, castor oil 5% and the remainder olive oil. And give it a good 6-8 week cure before trying it. I ran out of soaps to try in the store that did not bother my eczema. That is why I started soaping. Handcrafted soaps changed all that. Wonderful stuff to prevent kicking skin issues up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back