Transporting non-cured soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudsy_kiwi

Reaction score
So I made my first ever batch of soap on the 1st of Aug, following a recipe for 100% Olive Oil Castille soap that I found on another website. It told me that the soap would be fully cured in 6 weeks, which sounded fine. Since then, I stumbled across this forum, and have read that it can take up to a year to cure. That in itself isn't a problem, but in about 4 more weeks I'm packing up my home and moving to the other end of the country...obviously this will include my soaps.

So the initial 6 weeks meant (I thought) that the soaps would be cured and I could give them to family members before I left. They're obviously not going to be cured by then, and are in fact still noticeably soft. So my question (finally lol) is...is it ok to wrap each individual soap in plastic wrap, pop them in a plastic container for a few days while I'm driving, and then store them in the drying cupboard of my new home? Additionally, there's a chance I may be in a hotel for up to 2 weeks while I get my new home sorted, so the soaps might need to sit in plastic for that long.

I agree with the paper(tissue, craft, or white. no newspaper) or paper bags, and would probably place them in an open cardboard box in the car if at all possible. If that is not possible, use the plastic box with holes as suggested above.

Back