Display of Melt and Pour Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightHeron

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am about to go to a craft fair for the first time in a couple of weeks. I only have melt and pour soap to sell. I know you are supposed to wrap m&p soap to prevent "sweating" of glycerin. At the same time, I want to make sure customers can smell my soaps before purchase. I think being able to "preview" a scent will increase the likelihood of a purchase. If I unwrap the soaps just before the fair, do you think I can display them as such and not risk sweating? Or, is there a way to resolve this problem? Thanks. Margaret

Depending on the humidity it could be a problem. I would take sample scents on swatches or wrap one soap in shrink wrap that has holes in it - like from a paper punch. That way people won't handle the actual soap but could still smell it. If the humidity is high and they just start to sweat ( but not dew ) you don't want people to think the soap is slimy.

When I do fairs, I always make a small samplers (basic square or round shape) but made with a little more FO or EO than usual to make sure the samples smell good even after being open for so long. .. (does that make sense? )
Hope that helps!

Accidentally hit send but wanted to wish you GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOW. .... don't forget to share your story. ... I am sure it will be great! :thumbup::)

I would either leave one unwrapped to smell or as others have one wrapped with hole punched in the wrap for smelling. Good Luck with your show!

Latest posts

Back