Well that's not blue and green

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgawlik

Reaction score
And this is what happens when I go for colors.. Definately not the blue, green, and white I was going for...

TD for white
Blue oil locking mica from wsp
Green sea clay from BB

The green is completely gone and I guess the blue morphed into purple.. But hey the TD held true at least..

At least the purple somewhat goes with the scent. Abalone&sea from wsp..

image.jpg

Its supposed to smell like your walking down the beach, but I think it is more like a cologne. I don't really know how to describe it maybe slightly floral.. it was a dream to soap with though.. bf thinks it just smells clean, so that goes to show how everyone's scents differ.

"...supposed to smell like your walking down the beach..."

Yeah, hummm, I'm learning to totally ignore descriptions that are full of hyperbole and visual imagery. Sounds like this fragrance is one of those. But if it smells nice, that's the whole point, hey? :)

Very pretty! Perhaps the batter was very thin and they blended together more than you'd planned?

It was thin, I've only just begun playing with multiple colors so I guess one could say it's my learning curve. It turned out quite well if purple. Live and learn. There is always the next batch right!? Good thing my friends are more than willing to take "mistakes" off my hands.

It looks blue and green to me.

I agree with DeeAnna. I don't think I would like a scent that smells like "walking down the beach" because walking on the beach smells like sorta like dead fish.

I think thats the horrible lighting in my kitchen. Its def a light purple and white.. will try to snap some better shots in a bit

Here are a couple of blues from WSP that I personally like: The first is Matte Cobalt Blue Ultramarine powder and the second is Stained Glass Sea Blue/Green Liquid color.

capri.JPG

sea island.JPG

"...supposed to smell like your walking down the beach..."

Yeah, hummm, I'm learning to totally ignore descriptions that are full of hyperbole and visual imagery. Sounds like this fragrance is one of those. But if it smells nice, that's the whole point, hey? :)

I agree with DeeAnna. I don't think I would like a scent that smells like "walking down the beach" because walking on the beach smells like sorta like dead fish.

Aw c'mon you guys, admit it: when you walk down the beach, all you can really think about is beautiful soap like this one cgawlik made. So in a round about sort of way, the name is perfect!

Here are a couple of blues from WSP that I personally like: The first is Matte Cobalt Blue Ultramarine powder and the second is Stained Glass Sea Blue/Green Liquid color.

My n00b question: Those 2 soaps look different besides color. The matte blue is more opaque. Is that because the of the coloring ( "matte" sounds very opaque, "stained glass" sounds translucent) or because of the soap recipe?

I personally love the smell of the beach, I don't relate it to dead fish.. I relate it to sea salt in the air, tanning lotion, and sand. If its near the pier it may be foods as well.

My n00b question: Those 2 soaps look different besides color. The matte blue is more opaque. Is that because the of the coloring ( "matte" sounds very opaque, "stained glass" sounds translucent) or because of the soap recipe?
Same recipe, just different colors AND I used a lot more of the matte blue than the stained glass colorant. Both are fully gelled and the mottled effect was intentional on the stained glass one (but not all the air bubbles!) and BTW sorry for the sloppiness of the matte soap...it was the only pic I had handy, but I do clean them up before I package them!

Latest posts

Back