Candlemaking.com dyes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschild

Reaction score
Does anyone on here know if the liquid dyes from Candlemaking.com are cp stable or not? Does the blue stay blue, purple stay purple, and red stay red, etc? It says on there that for cp soap it's best to use the oil based instead of the water based. Is that true? I called today to ask and the person who answered didn't know.

I guess I'm not going to order any since nobody on here has any experience with it. I just figured I would try it if anybody had used it and knew if it was cp stable since they are having a sale.

I decided not to order them. I screwed up and premixed my oxides and pigments without measuring them or the oil/glycerin/water I mixed them up in and now I just have to guesstimate how much to put in when I use them. I reckon I will be ordering some more oxides and pigments. Anybody know of a sale or coupon code I can use somewhere? I would love to make a wsp order but don't have the $50 minimum.

Godschild... what do you mean you mixed them up already? If you used water, I hope you used a preservative. I will mix my lab colors and then add a preservative and keep them in bottles. If you use pigments and glycerine this is not needed.

Suggestion, since you are looking for inexpensive colors, on ebay there are sellers who sell mini packs of 20 colors oxides etc. It makes a lot of soap colors. I used this starting out without spending a ton of money. I think it was like 10.00 and 20 colors lasted me forever. Its just a thought. A little goes a long way. Don't get discouraged by the amount you get. It might be a good way to get familiar with colors and what you like.

WSP doesn't have a minimum. The only minimum is the 30.00 for free shipping. Good luck and have fun soaping!

Oh I never measure either when adding to soap, but remember a little goes a long way. You will get the feel of it.

Oh I thought it was $50 minimum buy to be able to make a purchase. I went to make an order of about twenty dollars worth of stuff and the shipping was crazy! I will check it out again.
I require a lot of colorant as I make 74 oz batches. That means too much mica if I were to use them lol so I don't use them. I bought some from Nurture but haven't used them yet. Do you like your labcolors? I thought about buying some of them but I think I read somewhere one day that they bleed so I never ordered any.

If you use a lot of lab color in your product yes it will bleed. What I don't like is how easily they morph and don't come out when I use certain fragrances or recipes, but mostly this is not a problem.

Oh.. ok... you make a ton a soap. I make a ton all in all (soaping almost daily), but I only make 2lbs at a time. I for some reason thought you were a new soaper just beginning. My bad... :) The shipping is expensive with almost all the soap companies, but WSP is free if you hit the 30.00 mark. However, don't let the free shipping fool you, sometimes I will fill my cart and then open another page and fill the cart of another company with similar products and even with shipping sometimes the other company is cheaper.

Wsp is a $40 min. If you don't meet that you are charged the amount needed to meet the 40. Hope that helps. You may as well just buy the min then shipping is free.

Latest posts

Back