Refined Coconut Oil or Virgin Unrefined for Body Scrubs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a dilemma I'm running into. I love making scrubs, but when I use virgin cococunt scrub, the aroma of the coconut overpowers my fo or essential oil.

Is it okay to sell my customer scented scrubs with refined coconut oil since the scent has been removed? I want them to experience the same luxury as virgin, but without the aroma of the Virgin coconut oil. Any takers?::confused:

Thanks. Yeah I think it should be okay too. I know Ill be sacrificing some the of the nourishing benfits, but again we are talking body scrubs which my customer will be rinsing off anyways..I just more concerned about the moisturizing properties.:-D

Either. It is a rinse off product. I have been using up my "not lovely" soap by making it into scrubs, so if it has a scent that does not really go with coconut scent, I use the refined. If it has a scent that does smell good with coconut, I use the virgin. If you label it as coconut oil, no one but you will know the difference.

Either. It is a rinse off product. I have been using up my "not lovely" soap by making it into scrubs, so if it has a scent that does not really go with coconut scent, I use the refined. If it has a scent that does smell good with coconut, I use the virgin. If you label it as coconut oil, no one but you will know the difference.
Thank You! That make sense. I am new to making my own bath and body products and this make just makes sense.

Back