Jagermeister soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyStar

Reaction score
I have a friend who really likes jagermeister, he also really likes my soap.

What are your thoughts on adding jagermeister to soap? I've read about people adding spirits before, but not this one in particular. Iirc it has a very high sugar content , and obviously a good deal of alcohol so i'm thinking reduce it into a syrup and add at trace? Or do you think it would be better to just cook some of the booze off and use it as a water swap.

I'm pretty sure it will increase the lather, and most defidently darken the soap, but i wonder if it will add any other properties, or keep its scent at all. None of my beer soaps have really, but jagger has a STRONG scent, so maybe.

I think its a great idea, people use whiskey so why not Jarger? I would condense it to a syrup and add at trace. I'd also plan to freeze the soap to prevent overheating.

As long as you get rid of the alcohol (try heating it as Obsidian suggests), it should be fine. It would be interesting to try to duplicate the scent of all of those herbs! You might try Save On Scents - they have lots of very unusual fragrance dupes.

I have made soap with diet Coke, beer, and wine (not all at the same time!)

I'd do it too, ditto the others, by reducing, adding at trace, and using anise if you have it. I'm not sure I'd trust that the Jager scent will come through on its own. But a little anise goes a long way, so either go light with it (2% ppo??) and/or use it in a blend. CanaDawn's post list some great ideas for a blend. Orange, vanilla and anise (in descending contribution) strike my intuition though I have never tried it. I have found a great combo in lavender, rosemary, cedarwood, peppermint and anise. If you have the anise, speak up, and we can try to help you with ratios and/or the frags you have.

I can't take credit for the list, that's the ingredients Jagermeister reveals - it's worth a try to see how much of the scent survives soaping. It sounds like it would be a nice deep fragrance for a soap.

I don't have anise fragrance oil, but as i'm thinking this will be a christmas soap i can surely get some by then. The person i'm making this for has also expressed great love for my bastille dragons blood soap; however, he said "i didnt like it when you first gave it to me(six month cure) because it didnt act like soap, but i love it now (over a year cure). So i think bastille is out of the question, but i suppose i could add some DB

If you are trying to mimic the scent without Jager. I would imagine some combination with small amounts of: Anise Star, Cedar, Pine, Bay and maybe Fir could pull it off. I would imagine very small amounts of each in some ratio might pull it off. But I have never tried it, that's just what comes to mind.

Back