Pine tar ls

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seven

Reaction score
Anyone did it? Got a request from a customer. Goggled around and all i can find is the shampoo, which is syndet.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I would imagine it can be cooked into the paste before dilution. I don't know how much you can get in there before having problems with diluting. I have never done it but it seems that anything over 5% would not dissolve I water as pt is not water soluble. It might work. Let us know if you try.

yes, Susie is right, i was asking whether anyone has done pine tar liquid soap. making a small batch as we speak. i think the color is going to be rather unattractive, but i don't care. most who bought pine tar soaps are ones with skin problems, so they usually don't care about fancy schmancy soaps.

5%. it's currently cooking. i will post pics once it's done and diluted.

it worked out alright at the end. the paste did not go rock hard. it was soft all the way. but i've zap tested it and PH tested it. the color is, well, dark brown, lol. i will post pics soon. it has finished diluting, but i haven't put it in bottles.

it worked out alright at the end. the paste did not go rock hard. it was soft all the way. but i've zap tested it and PH tested it. the color is, well, dark brown, lol. i will post pics soon. it has finished diluting, but i haven't put it in bottles.
When I was doing some single oil LS I had some that never became a solid paste. SAO and RBO are two that I can think of at the moment

^^^
Carolyn, at first i thought i was doing something wrong. coz the tutorial i was following showed something really different. thank god for Susie. i thought the rock hard paste is a must, lol

I usually don't take it to rock hard but then as soon as it is zap free I start diluting it, makes for an easier dilution.

^^^
some recipes just won't go hard, i have no idea why, lol. i can just feel it, the soft ones will suddenly went deflated. and at first i was in a panic mode. my early batches, i have 1-2 that i threw away coz i thought i did something wrong. stupid!

as promised, here they are already bottled. as you can see, the color is rather unattractive. i've thickened them up with a bit of salt.

pine tar LS.jpg

It looks good to me, Seven. Anyone who wants a tar soap will likely expect for it to be dark in color. Did you add any fragrance? Essential oils of Rosemary, Thyme, Lavender, Clove and Cassia (or Cinnamon leaf) blend particularly well with tars.

Last edited:
thank you Pears. no, i did not add any scent. i'm trying to make it as natural as possible, considering the majority of customer who bought this product is people with skin problems.

^^^
i'm trying to answer logically here... and i think it's possible. with bar soap, i won't go that high because pt makes the bar soft. i've tried 15% and it was a mess (sticky for a long long time). but since this is liquid, i don't see why not.

can i ask you why you would like to go that high?

I love how dark it looks. How much water did you dilute with? I looks so good I might try some too. I would think 20% would be fine since you are diluting. Honestly I more is good when it comes to pt. I would use 20% + in soap if it didn't stay so soft.

Latest posts

Back