Colorless clear liquid soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herackonchiasa

Reaction score
is there any way to make colorless clear liquid soap? does it depend on the oils used ?

Anyone?

Ditto what Faith said. My 100% CO liquid soap with 0% s/f is pale golden yellow (but beautifully clear).

IrishLass :)

Yea I have no problem getting it clear , at least now I don't , but then I wanted to move on to the next tier and see if there's anyway to render the soap paste colorless. Pale yellow may be my best bet yet. Would you mind divulging to me the oils you use to get that color ?

Wait nvm I didn't read all the way thru. But ok 100% coconut . I wonder if bleached oils as opposed to their natural counterparts would impose more of a colorless effect on the soap paste ?

I was thinking medium chain triglyceride soap with bleached olive and castor oils. But that would mean knowing the sap value for the mct. Does anyone know of such a thing ?

I found that pharmaceutical grade castor oil is almost colorless. Is there anywhere anyone would suggest getting pure fatty acids? I.e. oleic , lauric etc . .

anyone??

They sell a few pure fatty acids.

http://www.knicenclean.com

Luckily I've found that my local health food store carries mct oil in all its splendor. So now I just have to restock my koh and everything's a go. Another experiment that I have actually already conducted is liquid soap made with 10.5 oz stearic 5.5 oz Shea butter. So many amazing things happened during the stages. In the end Its so shimmery& pearlescent all its own ! & I used some of the initial soap paste as embeds in cp soap. So well see how that turns out after a long cure. Ah, rambling , but anyway I'm gonna see what a 100% mct ls turns out like. Ciao !

Have fun!

Its semi translucent from the cook which adds to the pearly look. 10.5oz stearic acid 5.5oz shea butter superfat with coconut oil. Semi diluted liquid soap base.

1409346923033.jpg

1409346945867.jpg

Latest posts

Back