How long do I have to wait til I cut soap that was refrigerat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel01

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have put my soap in the fridge after pouring to avoid gel and I was wondering how long before I can cut it. It still feels quite soft and I've taken it out of the mould. It's my first time using the fridge technique!! Can someone help?? Thankyou kindly

Let it come to room temp and then see how it feels - I wait until it's firm to touch which can be 24hrs or 48hrs or a few days, depending on the recipe.

Thankyou so much. I have had it out for about 30 hours and it's slowly slowly hardening. I had left it in mould for 24 hrs before un moulding My recipe is 200 almond oil 50 castor oil 300 co 550 olive and 150 Shea

Sorry my measurements are in grams from oz here lol

Haha so am I so it makes perfect sense to me. That much olive oil will take a little while, so I would just check every day and see how it's going.

Ok, thank you jade-15 , it's slowly getting there. I just made another lavender (popular) in a wooden mould (first time, as I usually use silicon mould) and left it out natural as lavender behaves well for me always so I left it uncovered on the bench instead of fridge to still avoid gel. so just getting use to the fridge technique but notice my colours are full colour and creamy so I do like the fridge way just takes longer haha. Thank you

Back