Whole loaf of Bacon Soap...in the trash!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsntx

Reaction score
Update on the bacon scented soap. So, after this soap almost making me throw up TWICE, and my coworkers gagging... IN THE TRASH IT WENT! I have never, ever, thrown a whole loaf of soap in the trash, but honestly, this was so putrid that I just couldn't bear it any longer. I am going to remake this soap and leave it UNSCENTED! (I think). I might just leave this one alone...:Kitten Love:

HP Bacon 081714.jpg

Bacon was not my favorite. I used a regular bacon and then the maple bacon, while the maple bacon was FAR better than the bacon (which to me had the smell of OLD grease) still wasn't a hit with me.

The soap looks awesome, very bacony! What did you use to get that bacon-red color?

I was leary of artificial-bacon scent...then I smelled Yankee cAndle's Bacon! candle. That noxious, rancid/bacon/dogfood scent means I will never ever ever order a bacon FO!

Honestly don't know who even buys those scents and for what purpose other than for a gag gift. So when I saw it at Yankee Candle* I was extremely confused.

*My SO drags me there with her.

I was leary of artificial-bacon scent...then I smelled Yankee cAndle's Bacon! candle. That noxious, rancid/bacon/dogfood scent means I will never ever ever order a bacon FO!

I love yankee candles bacon scent! Its so smokey and yummy, I would love to find a dupe to use in soap.

I got mine from NG.

Thanks, I now know one scent to avoid. :smile: If you don't mind my curiosity, will you be making another soap for your friend? If so, try a hot chocolate soap. Save on Scents actually has a Swiss Miss type FO that was dead on. I was actually mad that I did not have any hot chocolate to drink.

Thanks for the suggestion! He originally ordered a beer soap and the bacon one. Even he agreed that it was awful so I am looking into a whiskey soap for him since I can't do "gun cleaning oil!" There's a name for it, but I forgot it. This guy!! LOL:Kitten Love: Might have to try the hot chocolate one for myself! Was it easy to work with?

I love the smell of bacon, but only when it's the real deal and I can eat it (yum!).

I participated in a lip balm swap once a few years ago and someone contributed a bacon-flavored lip balm. Oh my- the smell and taste of it literally made me gag. It was truly awful and stomach-churning. Just the thought of it still makes me shudder. And the thought of a bacon-scented soap downright gives me the heebeejeebees. :sick: All I can say is that you are a much braver soap-maker than me to have attempted it. lol

IrishLass :)

Sorry it didn't work out! Even if it smelled like good bacon, I don't think I could wrap my brain around showering with bacon scent.

Reminds me of my one attempt to make "mary jane" scented soap for an old hippie friend of mine. FO came from AHRE; the smell was dreadful. Only FO I've ever thrown in the trash.

Thanks for the suggestion! He originally ordered a beer soap and the bacon one. Even he agreed that it was awful so I am looking into a whiskey soap for him since I can't do "gun cleaning oil!" There's a name for it, but I forgot it. This guy!! LOL:Kitten Love: Might have to try the hot chocolate one for myself! Was it easy to work with?

I never had the pleasure of using it. My sibling ordered a sniffie sample of it and used it in an oil burner. Here is the link: http://www.saveonscents.com/product_info.php/products_id/1722

The following link will also give you suggestions on how to use the different concentrations available: http://www.saveonscents.com/usagerates.php

Back