You're addicted to CP when...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy_owl

Reaction score
I thought some of you crazy addicts could add your thoughts. Here's mine:

When you get new fragrance oils but don't do anything with them because you're still waiting for a shipment of castor oil. Three frustrating days pass before you remember the 25-pound blocks of MP under your kitchen counter.

When even your darling boyfriend starts looking at things to turn into molds..

Mine says to me yesterday., "what about tp and paper towel tubes"?
I'm thinking it's a good idea to make sample sized round soaps.. Thoughts?

Or when you start rendering your own fats bc the oil costs are sending you to the poorhouse.

Or you have at least 50 tabs open in your browser and they are all soap related

Or when your older teenage son actually raids your soap closet

Or when you start thinking about how great its gonna be when said teen son FINALLY goes off to college so you can turn his room into a soap room..

Hi my name is Casie and im a soapaholic...

Last edited:
When you're sitting thinking quietly and one of your family, after watching you for a while asks; "You're thinking about soap, aren't you?" and you have to admit that yes, you were.....again...Then, after laughing about it together, you still try to explain the great idea you were having about a new shelving system for curing...

These are so great! And it's true about the molds. I used to work for contractors and I on the job site I could scavenge all kinds of weird parts and scraps. Lots of PVC tubing, a great plastic thing divided into diamond shapes, not to mention begging the occasional cup of lye. I'd hold up something and ask the boss if he needed it. He'd sigh and roll his eyes and say, "I know, I know. Everything's a mold."

When you're looking for houses and one of the requirements is it has to be a 4 bedroom (even though you only have 2 kids) so you can have a soaping room...
Ha! I did this too!
Edit: that's weird... The app told me I couldn't post and then double posted.

Last edited:
When you can't bring yourself to try other people's soap bc that means you won't have an excuse to make your own!

When formulating new recipes is more exciting than sleep...

When you prep everything the night before so you can make a fresh batch when you wake up (without having to wait for the lye to cool down)...

When you start discriminating soap based on it's superfatting...

When you no longer need to buy air fresheners... because the soap that's curing makes the whole house smell nice.... and friends always compliment how great your house smells every time they come over...

When you redesign your dining room, kitchen, and office to maximize soaping productivity...

When you can no longer eat at your dining room table...
SOAP SOAP EVERYWHERE! :)

I'm Vanessa, and I'm a soapaholic.

Latest posts

Back