Soapy mayhem

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyQueenBee

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that my 'soap brain' syndrome is far worse than any of my 'pregnancy brain' ever was - and I had some doozies in those days lol.
I've been jonesing for a good soap making fix for weeks, and one thing or another has taken all of my time. Life is great, but boy does it get hectic! Today, I finally had a chance to whip up a batch, and I was so excited, my daughter said she could feel the vibrations rooms away. Yay, finally soap time!
Everything went wonderfully. Got it all measured and mixed, and for a first try, my peacock swirl looks passable. Gloves and goggles off, mess cleaned, picture taken and ready to close the door to my work room, when I happened to look at the counter. There, sitting quietly and mockingly was my fragrance oil in it's bowl. I'd completely left it out! Oh, I felt so brilliant, in that moment. I rushed back to my mold, lifted the lid and sniffed...no idea what I was expecting, but I did it anyway. Yeah, nothing lol. Well, pretty but unscented. Not the worst, at least it'll be a really moisturizing batch.
Checking on it a bit later, I saw allll the pretty ash starting to build...I'd forgotten the alcohol. Any more surprises tonight, and I swear ongoing to sit in a corner with my old friend Vino and drink until everything comes up roses!
Hope everyone else had a much better soap day. :)

DH's reaction was to ask how much I need for ordering more supplies, while trying not to laugh me out of the house. At least someone enjoyed my derp day lol.
While I actually like messing up at times, so I can learn more and hone my skill, this one got me a bit cranky lol. Oh well! I have a friend who only uses unscented soaps, so it's not a total loss. :)

It's not too bad ! At least you still have rather pretty soap ! Your husband is showing his support in other ways LOLOLOL.

Ah vino....the cure-all for such moments. lol

Well, you've conquered the peacock swirl! Maybe it was great bc u left the FO out (which seems like it can make things go wrong, you know, ricing, fast mover, etc. Not saying the one you chose but generally). So it was meant to be!

But, now we need pictures of this pretty, unscented soap!

I didn't resort to the wine; I sent my son to the local children's hospital instead. He and DH will be there for a day or two, after appendix removal.

Anyway, the soap looks nice. Seeing it in the light, it's not ash on the top, but rather the silver and gold mica I'd swirled in as 'eye-pop' touches. So yay, but migration lol

I should be able to unmold later today, but may wait until tomorrow anyway. It'll depend upon when I get home from seeing the kiddo. I'll post pics, when it's out, for sure.

Back