You can't have too much soaps!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerflyy

Reaction score
As the title goes, you really can't have too much soaps.

I am currently working for my aunt who owns an organic shop. She carries cold process soaps from the US and she recently gave me 7 different types of bar soaps which I have yet to use because ... I HAVE TOO MANY SOAPS.

I don't know if anyone else face the same problem as I do, lol.

And I have another 10 bars of MP soaps that I made two months ago but haven't got about using it because ... I have too much soaps. LOL. So now, I made some CP soaps [10 bars] about 3 weeks back and they are about to finish their 4 weeks cure soon. I really want to test it out but .... I have too much soaps.

I am also currently practising soapmaking so I have like maybe slightly more than 10 bars sitting on the curing desk. T_T I have been testing out the scraps each night and cut down on the wastage. LOL.

It didn't help that my friend who is in the navy just bought me 2 bars of handmade soaps as well ...

AND NOW I GOT ADDICTED TO LOOKING AT SOAPS ONLINE ! I just want to buy them all ! Does anyone else face the same problem ?! LOL. No one else in the family wants to try out the soaps so there's only me.

****. I really like to buy soaps though ! D: ! So I've got to stop buying soaps for a while .... but there are so many nice soaps .... but there's only one of me ....

I don't look at soaps for sale. But pretty much the rest fits. And of course I always need to make more. Cause I might not have enough of this one or that one. To add to that feeling I got down to 3 bars of my shampoo bar before I got more made! In 6 weeks I could have run out. Don't want to time it that close again.

I like to see what other soapmakers sell and I end up wanting to buy all of them !

It's good to not look because I always end up going I NEED ALL OF THESE !!! Yea, i'm pretty hopeless when it comes to soap

I don't buy other soaps too often unless it's something I don't make. I do like to check out other soapers stuff though. I generally have 400+ bars of soap at any given time in the house but unfortunately generally run low on my favorite salt bars.

Ah. That's a lot more soap than I can imagine ! But I do understand what you mean. For me, I just love soaps. A good bar of soap excites me !

I haven't bought soap for years now and I still have too much soap! I test every batch I make for consistency's sake and I have a huge collection that my family (aunts, uncles, cousins, heck second and third cousins) are allowed to peruse and take. Most have been only tested. I usually test end pieces so they are not huge bars but still they add up! The reason most are only tested? Well we also use up any soap scraps and the more I make the more we have so ....it's a never ending circle. Eventually they build up on me and I have to do a rebatch then I give those away. Then the whole thing starts all over again.

I know ! I have too many bars of soaps lying at home waiting to cure now ! I might have to rebatch my scraps as well...

I know how you feel. I love making soap and would like to do it more often, but I don't use it up fast enough!

Latest posts

Back