Paste left over from making nutmilk in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the leftover fiber/paste from making nutmilk as an additive in CP soap? When I made the nutmilk it was a combo of cashews and almonds plus water and a few dates and a dash of salt. Everything gets blended together and then strained/filter through linen and there is a fiber paste leftover (mostly from the almonds vs the cashews). I love not wasting, has anyone had success adding this to soaps? Thanks!

I haven't tried it but I think you should give it a go. Make a small test batch and be careful you don't add any chunks. Some of the nuts may add a very small amount of oil to the mix but as long as you superfat some I don't think it would be a problem. The biggest factor I think to consider would be it going rancid in spots if it isn't smooth enough or mixed in well enough. But hey, that is why we experiment! You don't know until you try.

Not soap related, but I know you can use the almonds as almond meal in cooking - I have frozen it in the past, as it does have a fairly short expiry date.

Latest posts

Back