Hot Process and citrus scents

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
My sister wants orange scented soap, and I know that citrus scents are notorious for fading in CP. Do they work better in HP? I am placing an order with Brambleberry tonight, and I will order either to 10 fold orange, or an orange FO, depending on recommendations.

I find the 10x mixed with an anchor does I fact stick well in cold process as long as I don't gel. I am sure hot process would work just as well if you like th e rustic look. I would definitely get the bb 10x you won't be disappointed and it is on sale right now.

The orange scent will stick well with HP. The key is to let the soap cool down a bit. If you are adding anything like citrus peels or clay then soak them in the EO as well.

Meaganmischke

HP soaps do not have to look rustic. Just sayin.....

------------------
sadiesmissionsoaps.com

I find the 10x mixed with an anchor does I fact stick well in cold process as long as I don't gel. I am sure hot process would work just as well if you like th e rustic look. I would definitely get the bb 10x you won't be disappointed and it is on sale right now.

I apologize not all do you are absolutely right. mine definitely don't even look good enough to call rustic. Generally I find cp soaps to

Be easier to make beautiful. Hp just takes alot more work for some things. Which is ok. But the question was does the 10x work better in hp. In my experience not really if gel is avoided.

I see this a lot, and I don't mean to thread jack but is there a post somewhere explaining Anchor scents and how to use them?

Back