How much color how much fregrance?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonday

Reaction score
Hi
I need to coloring and fregrancing my soaps. How much of color and how much of fragrance I can use? Is a calculator for it or have a range for using them?
Thank you for your respond!

It depends on what type of colorant and fragrance you are using. For fragrance oils (synthetic fragrance) I think an average amount is .5oz per pound of oil. So, for example, if all the oils/fats used in your recipe add up to 16oz (1 lb) you would use 1/2 an ounce of fragrance oil. Personally if I'm using essential oils (natural fragrance) I use less.
Color is not as easy to answer as there are SO many different types. If you can tell us what you'll be using that would help.

thank you for your respond!
I had a travel more than 400 hundred kilometer to buy some material yesterday! At last I success to buy two kilogram titanium Oxide and 10 kilogram Paprika! I mix some Paprika with Olive Oil morning and decide to use of this two for color (I haven't any other choice!).
About Fragrance I really Have no any idea! May be some oils that make from Herbs!

OIls from herbs won't scent your soap. Unfortunately, you need to buy either fragrance oil that is made for soap or essential oils.

Amounts of colorants and fragrances will vary depending on size of batch as well as the recommended amount to be used for EO/FO's. I use between .5-1 oz ppo for most of my fragrances. Colorants I mix by how I want the color to look....less for pastels more for brighter/darker colorants. Fragrances need to be skin safe or EO's and check with your supplier for usage rates.

Wow, you are dedicated! Perhaps you can call the fragrance companies themselves and ask?

You drove 400 KM for some titanium dioxide. What you might have to do is arrange a road trip to a fragrance or essential oil supplier.

Armenia!
My be I can find some other thing too. But first I must know about them!!!
I live in south of Armenia and more of suppliers are in center (but there isn't soap making supplier or fragrance supplier!). So I usually must go more that 400 Kilometer to buy some this things if I be lucky! :)

Last edited:
td = titanium dioxide. the white stuff you just bought.

do you have access to local soapers? perhaps ask them about where to buy for supplies. another option is to buy online from the europe suppliers, for the stuff you absolutely can't get locally.

Back