Old fos?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschild

Reaction score
So, I bought a fo lot off an auction site that I found out was at least 2 yrs old. It was from SOS and on the bottle said manufacture/cosmetic grade. Well I called the company to ask what the ifra amts were to know how much to put in my cp or hp soaps. They told me they hadn't sold those concentrations in anywhere from 2 to 5 years! OMG I'm livid at this moment. What will it do if I try using it in my soaps? Will it make dos, screw it up, whatever? I thought I got a good deal. Another example of "you get what you pay for." The scents smell so good though. I got Relaxation, Orgasm(which smells so good lol), and Honey Almond which were from SOS. The other bottles don't have a company name on them but she said were skin safe. They are Feminine by D&G, Beautiful, Pink VS, Mania by Armani, and Design. I messaged her to ask where these came from. They all smell so good. She also sent me 2 free unnamed bottles that smell really good too. I asked what she mixed together to make them. I hope she tells me so I can make them in the future. If you were me, would you try to soap them all? I sure hope I can because they do smell so good.

I can't speak to SOS scents specifically, but I've got FOs that are 10+ years old and most of them are working just fine. I have Pineapple Upsidedown Cake from Lebermuth that is no longer good - smells like burnt plastic - but the others are fine.

Since you have no idea how they've been stored it's a bit trickier, but if they smell okay and you don't see anything weird like seperation, you should be fine.

Thanks Dixiedragon. I am so excited because I love every one of them. The seller was very nice and was great to deal with. Also a soaper :)

I think they will be fine! I use to work in a perfume and scent store in high school and its the oldest store in Georgia of its kind, I know that fragrance oils and perfumes can be kept for many years as long as it was stored properly, cool and away from light...some indefinitely.

Give them all a good smell. I got a hold of some SOS scents that weren't stored right and most smelled like plastic and those ones seized every time.

None of these smell like plastic. They smell awesome. I've smelled them seeral times each and I'm sick at my tummy from it lol.

Latest posts

Back