Why my soap face changed to Opaque

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonday

Reaction score
Hi
My soap are beautiful in one or two first days. but wen started to dry changed it's face to opaque. How I can keep first face of my soaps?
My soaps make with CP and just with 30% coconut oil and 70% olive oil without anything.
below is twice image of this opaque soap:
60440244883589357511.jpg

06665564549298749002.jpg

assuming the lye and oil are correctly weighed (have you zap tested it?), it looks like soda ash to me, and you can polish it off. Some people use a little alcohol to wash it off, others just rinse the soap briefly or wipe with a damp cloth.

First image is about inside of a cut! when dried, start to opaque! All materials weight correctly! If this be ash this soap is dangerous? I will test alcohol (Isopropilene 99% ???).

Soda ash is purely cosmetic and can't hurt you. If you rinse it off or rub it off, or even after you begin using it regularly it will disappear. Sometimes its a sign of something troubling about the soap so its smart to zap test a section, but mostly its just a natural part of soap making.

I'm not sure what is zap test but I rub part of it on my tongue and it was a little sour but wasn't similar 9 volt power! Is it zap test?:-D

I find that spraying the top of my soap, right after it's poured into the mold, with 91% isopropyl alcohol keeps it from developing ash. It's much easier to prevent then it is to get rid of.

When my bars get soda ash, I just take the batch to the sink and wash each bar, scrubbing a little with a bit of mesh or old nylons, then rinse off the lather and set them on a rack to dry. Makes them bright and shiny :)

Latest posts

Back