Just Poured 1st EO Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmlove1218

Reaction score
Just poured this. Its a luxury bar made with mango, shea, avocado, castor, coconut, and sunflower. I split the batch in half and colored the bottom half with rose clay and the top with activated charcoal. Scented with pink grapefruit and rosemary EOs.

20140721_171934.jpg

First - anything with grapefruit is awesome! I might need to try it with rosemary. Second - I love that you used rose clay and charcoal! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Essential Oils in Soap

I have made several batches of hot processed soap containing eo's, however, I found that they do morph. It can be quite expensive if I need to add more eo's.
I really dont want to experiment any longer with this.

I didn't notice any dramatic morphing, but the rosemary overpowered the grapefruit a little bit. I can still smell it, it's just not as strong. I think next time I'll try a 3:1 blend

Thank y'all! I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. This batch is 42% butters, so I can't wait to see how it improves with a long cure.

Great colour combination, they look gorgeous. I bet they smell divine. Whenever I've used rosemary it's really strong to start with and then mellows out nicely. Hopefully yours will too :)

Latest posts

Back