Hello from a Colorado goat raiser!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COgoatLover25

Reaction score
Hello from a goat raiser!

Hello! I raise Nubians and Nigerian dwarf goats for show and I figured with all that milk I should make some soap!!! I look forward to learning from you all :)

Last edited:
Welcome from another newbie. You will learn so much here; you will be happy you joined. Any chance you would post some pictures of your "babies?".

Welcome to the forum. Goat milk makes great soap and you can also use goat milk in lotion.

Thank you all for the welcome ! :)
Will get baby pics for you guys soon! But meanwhile , here is a pic of one of my show does :)

IMG_20140625_112638363.jpg

Thank you so much for those pictures :clap::clap::clap:They are ADORABLE!! I really want your new baby. I can't get over his/her? ears along with that white cap on his head. The brown baby has markings like a deer; and the blue eyes from the first- amazing. I keep telling my husband I want to be in the country where I can have goats, but he just keeps renewing my Children's zoo membership - great petting zoo and I can sit in the goat area for as long as I want without the responsibility :) How many do you have in total?

Wow! You have some beautiful Nubians. Good thing I kept the pics of your doe away from my buck Kijana. I need to get some more pics up, I'm on the same page as you, and fairly new to the forums also. I haven't got into showing, but my goats are seriously my best buddies. Don't you dislike the whole disbudding thing? Safety wise, it's the only way to go IMO. If you ever have any questions as you get started using the milk in your soap making, feel free to message to me. Glad to see another goat enthusiast on board and good fortune to you. On a side note, bucks don't smell bad, they just smell like a finely aged cologne:smile:

Thank you so much for those pictures :clap::clap:They are ADORABLE!! I really want your new baby. I can't get over his/her? ears along with that white cap on his head. The brown baby has markings like a deer; and the blue eyes from the first- amazing. I keep telling my husband I want to be in the country where I can have goats, but he just keeps renewing my Children's zoo membership - great petting zoo and I can sit in the goat area for as long as I want without the responsibility How many do you have in total?

I have all the kids in the pics ( except the spotted Nubian kid )
Then 15 adults :) But , I am fixing to go through a herd reduction so I will be selling off a lot so that I can rebuild with better bloodlines :)

Wow! You have some beautiful Nubians. Good thing I kept the pics of your doe away from my buck Kijana. I need to get some more pics up, I'm on the same page as you, and fairly new to the forums also. I haven't got into showing, but my goats are seriously my best buddies. Don't you dislike the whole disbudding thing? Safety wise, it's the only way to go IMO. If you ever have any questions as you get started using the milk in your soap making, feel free to message to me. Glad to see another goat enthusiast on board and good fortune to you. On a side note, bucks don't smell bad, they just smell like a finely aged cologne:smile:

Thank you! :)
My little guys and gals never seem to mind the disbudding that much , I mean when it's happening they scream ( they just don't like being held that tight for the most part IMO ) but, after it's all over they go back to head butting! :lol: I have to have it done because 4-H kids come over and we don't want anyone getting jabbed lol.
Thanks for the offer :) I've never made soap , so I may need a bit of help lol.
Yeah, the smell sorta grows on ya lol

Latest posts

Back