Aloha Jamba!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyStardancer

Reaction score
Just made my first batch of bar soap in a month! Wow! lol

And this was themed after Jamba Juice's Aloha Pineapple. That has to be my favorite of their smoothies. For the scent I did a 2:1 of NG's Biolage Matrix and Fresh Strawberry.

It's lard (50%), olive oil that was infused with chamomile, calendula, and bit of lemon zest (35%), sunflower oil (10%), and castor oil (5%). It's meant as a facial soap and maybe to see if I can use a lard soap for my hair, so I have an idea loooong before I'm ready to make another batch of shampoo bars.

I'm keeping an eye on it because I used orange juice for some of the liquid (did a 50/50 lye water with a smidge of citric acid and SL, and made up the balance with OJ). I forgot about the OJ when I was measuring things into the water before adding the lye, and added some granulated sugar. Between the OJ, citric acid, and extra sugar, this has the potential to overheat. I'm hoping not, since I just used a reinforced silicone loaf mold from WSP and only covered it with a thin piece of cardboard and left it sitting out on the counter. I haven't had a gel yet doing more than this, so maybe I'll get at least a partial gel. lol

I also soaped cool, had mixed some white kaolin clay into the FO blend, and brought it to just barely trace. The main color is natural, but I mixed some WSP coral mica into a small section for an in-the-pot swirl. I probably could have done a taiwan swirl from how thin and slow the trace was, but I had already decided on swirl type and was having a bit of tunnel vision. lol We'll have to wait and see if the swirl is noticeable or not.

Sorry about the picture quality! The battery is dead on my camera and I can't find the bag with the adapter to recharge it. So in the meantime I have to use my phone.

BA386159-CD32-4EE6-A318-B90A99A6ACF7_zpsse5peazl.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! :D I can't wait to see how the swirls turned out, since it was such a light trace. And it must not have gelled (or partially gelled if it did at all). There's nothing on the top to suggest gel. And I can't believe how flat it is!

It seemed a bit soft still when I unmolded it just now--a few of the corners stuck to the mold. I'm going to let it sit on the cutting board for another day.

It has paled considerable since I made it, and there looks like wispy lines, so it might get a very delicate swirl when I cut it. Who knows! :)

I'm also having a bit of a bad evening with my boykitty... He's getting a bad arthritis flare up in his bum hip. I already had a vet appointment schedule for him tomorrow, so I'm going to mention it when dropping him off.

And finally cut pics! THe color has lightened considerably, though it's hard to see the swirls. Also, it's developing a nice coating of ash.

I can't wait until it's cured and ready to be used, though! The smell is WONDERFUL.

81490780-4B92-46CB-B104-6611D2535881_zps6covp818.jpg

B2FF304C-0ABC-4058-9E2E-864353B76D17_zpsc3iwkhnk.jpg

Back