Salt bar?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerliesa

Reaction score
So, I've been having some trouble with my skin so I decided to try a salt bar. I did some research and took a leap of faith and...I'm not really sure if I've done it. I used 95% coconut oil, 5% grape seed oil and 80% of the total amount of oils in salt. I read all of these blogs and websites and even some stuff on here and everyone said this stuff sets up QUICK, so I was super prepared and checked on it every half-hour after molding. The thing is, I'm not sure I did everything right. My batter took a minute to reach a thick trace and it's still a little soft 5 hours later. Is this normal?

20140424_194157.jpg

2014_04_24_19_41_04.jpg

20140424_194207_1.jpg

Mine was also soft 24 hours later - I don't think I could unmold it until 48 hours. Aside from the high humidity I had, others suggested that using 75% salt means it's not going to go rock solid like it might with 100% or 150%. I think they just warn you it sets upt quickly so you DO check it regularly and don't get caught out with a rock solid bar you can't cut.
Advice I was given was give it time, it should be fine.
And it was, and I love them :D

Latest posts

Back