Could someone explain why deodorant doesn't work for me???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok guys I have a problem,

I've tried both natural and chemical deodorant and they all have one problem for me that is that everytime I use them I end up smelling worse. I've tried coconut-oil and baking soda deodorant as well as petroleum jelly and zinc oxide and everytime I use them I end up smelling worse. For some reason the coconut oil and petroleum jelly developed a stale earthy smell when it came in contact with my skin. Can someone explains why this happens and what I can do to stop it? :confused:

thanks for tips

edit:
I didn't know which forum to post on so I chose this one since I got help here in the past. moved

If you are keeping your skin clean, wearing clean clothes and using cleen sheets and towels, and use deodorant you really should not have a problem. Since you are saying you still do, I would recommend making an appointment with your doctor. Uncontrollable body odor can be an indication of underlying health problems.

[I would recommend making an appointment with your doctor. Uncontrollable body odor can be an indication of underlying health problems.[/QUOTE]

I second this. There are quite a few health problems which could be causing this, that none of us here can help with. Go see a doctor or naturopath.

I am going to tell you to go see an MD. Certain body odors can indicate potentially life limiting conditions. Once you get an official medical diagnosis and appropriate medical treatment, then we can give suggestions on soaps and such.

Are you drinking enough water or consuming a balanced diet? While it's best to check with a doctor about your situation, I have read about other people having a body-odor problems that were resolved with a fix in their diet. I'm not saying you may have a body-odor problem (the people I read about smelled like sulfur), but the body will find a way to remove toxins and one's diet can either help or hinder the process.

Latest posts

Back