Bath Teas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrina

Reaction score
Has anyone made any bath teas? I'm wondering if they can stain your tub? I'm not planning on adding any colorants, but some teas have pretty strong colors of their own. I read some bath bombs can stain, but I imagine that the colors are more potent in those. Thanks!!

Actually I tried to do a search and it kept coming back with an error saying that there wasn't anything with the word "tea". I figured it couldn't be right, but since there wasn't anything I could do about it....I asked my question instead. I've gotten that with a few other searches too btw. Most go fine, but some come up like that.

Thank you for the links though.

I read through all of the links, and thanks again for posting them and please know that I'm not trying to be snarky saying this....but none of them discussed the topic I asked. Those of you who have used bath teas, have you ever had any problems with them staining your tub?

I am new to bath teas but have had no issue with staining (just used rose, chamomile, calendula and lavender so far). I think that because there is a lot of water used to fill a bath it would make a very weak solution, so even strong colours and high tannin content shouldn't present a problem :)

Actually I tried to do a search and it kept coming back with an error saying that there wasn't anything with the word "tea". I figured it couldn't be right, but since there wasn't anything I could do about it....I asked my question instead. I've gotten that with a few other searches too btw. Most go fine, but some come up like that.

Thank you for the links though.

I read through all of the links, and thanks again for posting them and please know that I'm not trying to be snarky saying this....but none of them discussed the topic I asked. Those of you who have used bath teas, have you ever had any problems with them staining your tub?

This might help you in the future when doing a search
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=34886
Sometimes the forum goes a bit haywire when searching and if you come back and try again it works.
Also the links I found I just read the topic title, I don't have time to go and read the content on back posts, as I have to check so many posts on SMF. Just thought to give you reading material.
Scrolling to the bottom of the page lists Similar Threads, that's where I found the links.

Thanks Arielle! No problem, I understand. I hope my comment didn't come across badly, just meant that I didn't find the answer and still needed to know. I appreciate the links though.....always good to read more info!

Sorry, that should have read....Relle. Auto correct got me :)

Back