New to EO's

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soapguy23

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am still new to soap making I have been doing melt and pour for a few months now and just bought my first batch of EO's and was hoping you guys could give me some blending ideas. I am using a detergent free goats milk base.

EO's I have:

Tea Tree, Cedarwood,Eucalyptus, lavender 40/42, Amyris, Patchouli, Lemongrass, Orange 5x, Spearmint and Litsea Cubeba

I also have some FO's from WSP

Fairy Dust, London for men*, Moroccan Mint, Oatmeal Milk and Honey, Twilight woods for men*

I was also asked to make a coffee bean bar of soap and was wondering if i should add any of these to it or just leave it with the coffee scent.

Thanks for all the help....

Hello and welcome. I like tea tree and lavender and eucalyptus and spearmint and Tea Tree Citrus ( I mixed orange and lemongrass). Those are the only only EO blends I've tried thus far. I use mostly FO in my products. I ake a coffee soap with finely ground coffee in it as a kitchen/garden soap. Anything else and it's a bit scrubby.

Patchouli & orange 1:3, cedar & lavender 1:2, litsea & lemongrass 1:1 are a few possibilities. I haven't made coffee soap yet, but a tiny bit of patchouli might be nice... I'd have to know what plain coffee soap smells like.

Last edited:
Theres a few threads on blending, but I wanted to point out that I read that mixing the orange with some lemongrass or litsea cubeba helps the scent "stick" better, and that has worked well for me.

Sometimes the best scents you get with essential oils come from trial & error. If I could, I would try:

1. amyris & patchouli (maybe add cedarwood)
2. patchouli & cedarwood
3. lemongrass & spearamint (I love the combo as a tea)

Mind you, I am not a blending expert, but I would just take what I have an blend a few drops here and there. Be mindful that some eos (i.e.: patchouli) have a stronger scent than others, so you really do not want to use too much of them.

Back