In Love with Gardenia Again!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had the hardest time finding a realistic Gardenia Fo and I found it! This reminds me of the Jungle Gardenia Perfume I wore for many years. Now I am just hoping the fragrance holds and does not discolor. I just poured it and it stayed a beautiful creamy color even with the addition of Goat's Milk. It did accelerate a little but very manageable with a 33.8% Lye Concentration . I did expect it, being a floral, using a 2% superfat, which is why I did not soap my normal 35-38% concentration. Like my Dragon's Blood this fo came from calcandlesupply.com. He is working with a new fragrance house and his new fo's are body safe and so far they are great. These are not discount weak fo's. I am excited next week he is bringing me some new samples to try. I know one is a pear can't wait to try it out. I have also recommended that he list on his website if a fragrance is body safe. Now it takes a call to them to find out

Last edited:
I like gardenia overall but it has to be just the right amount. Otherwise it seems overwhelming. Florals don't seem very popular overall. People hardly ever request them, except for lavender. Do you sell? I will be interested to hear how it sells. And I will also have to keep my eye on this supplier!

I have been selling approx 5 yrs and florals sell very well for me. I have a very nice, not overpowering Plumeria from this supplier. It along with his Dragon's Blood are my best sellers. I actually talked him into having the DB made unfortunetly he does not like it and has yet to pour a DB Candle. I am worried he will not continue carrying the DB. Florals actually sell very well for me with some of my best selling florals being Plumeria #1, followed by Lavender, Wisteria and Gardenia. I will say Cal Candle's Plumeria is the best I have ever used but does accelerate, working best when using a slow trace recipe. Most Plumeria fo's give me migraines this one does not. What I am liking about this Gardenia it is strong, but not overpowering or headachy. Not even a hint of discoloring today. I have unmolded it but will probably cut it tomorrow

Back