Soap cutter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschild

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have the plans or diagram for a wire log soap cutter that uses guitar pegs? I need to build one for 22 inch logs. I would love to be able to afford to just go buy one but it isn't an option right now unfortunately. I have angle iron, guitar strings, guitar pegs, and plywood already though so I would be able to make one myself if I just had some plans/diagram. I spent all my money on soaping materials, other than what I have stuck back for bills or else I would buy the plans that they are selling on ebay that comes on a dvd for like $10. I love that soap cutter but will just have to make it wider to fit my logs. Please, no rude comments about me being broke either :(

I love that idea but I'm afraid the way I shake I would have zigzag soap. I saved it and thanks so much for sharing it with me. I do like your cutter and your well made tutorial. I bet you have helped a whole lot of people and their nerves. You are very gracious for sharing your design. I just may make one tomorrow and see if I can use it without shaking too much and cutting them in a diagonal or something lol. I ended up ordering the plans for that one on ebay they are selling the plans for. My honey paid for it lol. Now I will have to fight my impatience till it gets here :) Have a blessed night and a happy Easter.

And thanks for not charging for a blessing. That was so great of you. You should sell those if you don't already.

Oh that's not mine guys. It is just something I found that I could build easily. That came from a quick Google search nearly about a year ago! I would never take credit for someone else's hard work. But I will say this. It makes it very easy to cut because the weight of the log pretty much cuts itself with a little help from a push stick.

I would like to try the cutter in the pdf but for the life of
me I have not idea what is going on with the stringing? can
someone make it a little plainer for me? :( sorry, my brain
freezes trying to figure out these things.

Yes. The wire is ran through all the holes. One wire just wired around the holes in a zig zag u shaped fashion. You just make the letter u a bunch of times(12).

The author then states that it is a bad idea because if a wire breaks in the middle or to the opposite end of the start you have to re string everything rather than just one.

So in the next picture with the balls, he is using guitar wire(whatever gauge you feel comfortable with. Or you can use mechanics wire and take lead weights that you fish with and crimp them, one for each side of one line. That way if a strand breaks it is an easy repair.

It's one bar at a time, but I've been using a miter box and a 6" putty knife to cut my soaps. Works really well, actually.

Back