Having a really bad day

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponista

Reaction score
I had an epileptic seizure yesterday for the first time in four years. I'm sat at home off work today feeling really ill, but the worst of it is that I now lose my driving licence for a year and public transport where I live isn't great. I feel like all my freedom has been ripped from me overnight. Need some cheering up!

Sorry that you are feeling down. I have a friend that has seizures and I see what she struggles with. Although nothing I say can make it better I do hope you have a better day.

Thanks baby pickles an eff. I'm going to be greedy eff and request the unicorn story and the pic of you playing the cello. I need a chuckle ;)

Cheer

Dear Saponista,

I send you thoughts of bunnies and rainbows and little puppies playing with butterflies. I send you my wishes and thoughts for speedy healing of mind and body and a sense of peace and control returning to your life past the current strife and woes.

Namaste- that which is divine in me recognizes that which is divine in you.

Feel better!

I'm so very sorry you are having a terrible time right now. I hope things get better for you soon and sending you healing thoughts and good wishes.

I am so sorry to hear that! Truly the worst of it is the loss of driving privileges. Have you figured out why you had the first seizure in four years? Sometimes, if it was caused by missed medications or something else that is fixable, doctors and state motor vehicle departments will clear people to drive again once you can prove that it is indeed fixed.

Once upon a time, Princess Saponista was walking along Plymouth High Street on a bright sunny day. She had not a care in the world, her thoughts consumed by kittens, soaps and the delicious Oggie's pasty she happily eating. Suddenly, from the doorway of a Ladbrooks, a unicorn leapt out!

"Give me that pasty, init?" growled the unicorn, waving it's horn at the princess menancingly.

"Bog off!" said Princess Saponista, as she raised her own fists in the classic pugilistic manner.

The unicorn was rattled - normally people, especially ladies, would cower in terror and give up their tasty treats such as scones and pasties with no resistance at all. Taking advantage of the merest moment of hesitation, Princess Saponista grabbed the mane of the unicorn in one hand while fish-hooking it's mouth with the other, she forced the beast down to the ground.

"You still want my food, you Findus Ready Meal?!?" shouted the princess

"Gnargh" said the unicorn, it's mouth twisted. Saponista yanked at the mane a little more

"Do you?" she screamed. The unicorn managed to shake it's head, ears watering with the pain and humiliation.

"Good. Then get out of my sight" said the princess as she release the unicorn with a kick to the kidney. "And don't let me catch you round here again. This is MY town."

With the applause of the town-folk ringing in her ears, Princess Saponista went to get a good Devon cream scone.

"I bet that git comes from Cornwall" she thought to herself, as she strolled in to the tea rooms.

The end.

Cello.jpg

I think it was just stress and being a bit under the weather. Unfortunately in the UK it's a legal thing and any seizure automatically bars you for a year despite the circumstances. I looked into it last time it happened to me and there was no way to get around it :(

Eff, you have me HOWLING.

Saponista, that sucks. :( Hugs to you! A lady I know has a son who has seizures, and she realized that he almost always had one during a storm - maybe something about the change in the barometric pressure? She started giving him meds as a preventative whenever a storm was forecast and that helped HUGELY.

I think it was just stress and being a bit under the weather. Unfortunately in the UK it's a legal thing and any seizure automatically bars you for a year despite the circumstances. I looked into it last time it happened to me and there was no way to get around it :(

So Sorry to hear that. It sucks to have to lose a license over 1 seizure. Here there has to be actual proof that your seizures keep you from driving. My daughter had to go to court once when a doctor told tried to get her license pulled due to seizures. Fortunetly the judge found not proof she was incapable of driving. I assume in the UK you cannot even fight the decision when it is an isolated seizure, or hopefully it was an isolated one. Sending you good thoughts.

I'm really sorry your 4 year good streak broke, Saponista. I hope it was a one off and you'll be okay from now on.

Hugs to you, Saponista. Wish you lived here. Then we could run around together for the next year. Not the same as your independence, I know. But we would have fun.

That sucks, Saponista. Thinking about you and wishing I could do something to make it all better. The loss of independence is horrible.

Back