Found a Moonworks FO's seller

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindiq4u

Reaction score
Recently I asked if anyone knew of where I could purchase a certain Moonworks FO, since they went out of business. A few of you had some great sites that carried some of those oils.. :clap:
Today I came across another distributor of Moonworks type FO's.
I haven't ordered yet, but I heard it mentioned on a Youtube video, with favorable comments. One of the scents this company carries is Sea Witch and Gaia, along with a few others. They as well carry many Lush scents too. I hope this helps with any Moonworks fans. I'll include the link below. If there's anything that you've heard about this distributor please share, I'd love to know.
Cheers & Happy Bubbles :grin:
https://www.fragrancebuddy.com/

Just ordered an assortment of FOs from fragrancebuddy.com and will report back after having a chance to soap with them.

Here's what I picked in case anyone wants feedback on something specific:

Lush Skinny Dip
Lush Rose Jam
Moonworks Gaia
Yankee Candle Salted Caramel
Sage
Pumpkin
Hot Maple Toddy
Cannabis Flower

Thank you! I'm interested in hearing how Rose Jam and Salted Caramel turn out. But no hurry because I was naughty and bought a bunch of FOs.

OMG the goods arrived today! Is it wrong to think the Salted Caramel smells good enough to drink? Skinny Dip also smells pretty awesome OOB with Pumpkin a close third. I will definitely be messing up the kitchen with a few batches tomorrow (happy dance)!

My box arrived yesterday, and I soaped the Rose Jam early this morning, my house still smells like Rose Jam and it's after 4:00pm. Even at a lower usage rate this really smells good. It is so remiscent of something from my childhood, but can't put my finger on it. It is mostly rose, but mixed with other floral. Hazel I will keep you posted on the scent retention.

OO2 - Just wondering if you experienced any ricing or acceleration with the Rose Jam? I'm sorta nervous about that one since it's a floral. And I agree it has another background scent that I can't put my finger on . . . very curious how your batch turns out.

I placed an order with them last week and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. I ordered a few mw and lush dupes.
This is what I got:
Candy fluff-lush
Olive branch-lush
Little Black dress
Sultana-lush
Trichomania-lush
Honey I washed the kids-lush
Rock star-lush
Salted caramel
Fairy garden-mw
Winter festival-mw
Leaves-mw

I have ordered from fragrance buddy before and have been pretty happy with what I got. The only thing I can remember being unsatisfied with was their black raspberry vanilla is not strong at all. Other than that they are fast and reasonably priced. I couldn't help myself with their labor day sale. Totally blew my budget for the month.

I didn't have any problems at all no ricing or acceleration, I did two shades of pink, a red, and a white, and I also had some buttermilk and yogurt in there had plenty of time. I had everything at room temp, and the recipe had lard, but with the milk I thought it may have moved a little. It still smells really good. I see that Fragrance Buddy has some reviews on the Scent Review Board, and they all look good except 'the comforter' which faded.

Oh what is wrong with me today, I didn't look at your list carefully, I don't remember if it was the scent review board, or somewhere else but I did see that Trichomania was difficult, think the problem was ricing and separation. I think if you are prepared and have a slow recipe you will be OK. I would love to hear about some of the ones on your list. I am soaping Winter Festival tomorrow. This is what I got so remind me if you want to know about any of these:
Rose Jam lush
Sex Bomb lush
Sultana lush back ordered
Winter Festival moonworks
Patchouli Passion moonworks
Forest Nymph moonworks
I haven't heard back about the Sultana, didn't want him to have to ship just one, so we will see what happens.

Ok too much time looking at soap stuff, time to do something else, I see that the person below you had ordered the Trichomania, hopefully she will see the post. I also want to try the Honey I Washed the Kids. I'll post about the Patchouli Passion. Funny you both got the Salted Carmel, and I almost got that one too.

I've sampled about 10 FO from Fragrance Buddy. Most were just ok for me. Will not reorder most, but loved Rock Star type!! It is awesome in both CP and wax melts. Reordered that one, love it!!! I have heard that Super Nova, a lush type, is really good. Someone on a another forum raves and raves about it.

Thanks for the heads up I wasn't planning on using the trichomania in cp I didn't expect it to behave or stay true cuz of the coconut aspect. I think it will be perfect for condtioner and maybe some melts or lotion. When did you order the sultana? It looks like I am getting it and I ordered late tuesday. I would definitely like to know how sex bomb works and hold in cp, thanks. I wasn't trying to snatch you post, just hoping to compare notes.

I ordered mine on August 30; last Saturday. I am very interested to know about the Olive Branch, actually any of the Moonworks or Lush dupes that you ordered. Oh you aren't snatching anything, I really want to hear other feedback, this isn't my post, I just kept posting because I was trying to do too many things at one time yesterday, and wasn't focused on what I was writing.

I received a notice about a week ago from Fragrance buddy.com.
They said they may be going to discontuine Moonworks FO's because they are not selling.
Be aware and purchase before they are gone.

chris

The salted caramel behaved well and smells plenty strong at 2.5oz per 3lbs of oil. I'll keep everyone posted on how it holds up after curing. Will probably try the Skinny Dip tomorrow so stay tuned for more reviews.

Yesterday I made Winter Festival, no a or d. I really like the fragrance, it is very unique, a mixture of pine and fruits, I really smell the apple. This is exactly what I wanted, so excited about this for the Holiday Festivals. I think this one is going to be strong, I soaped at 1% per pound. I may cut back, but won't know until after cure.

I got my order today. Most smell great. I have never been to lush so I don't know how true they are. I don't know if I like the Olive branch fo. Is it supposed to be a men's fragrance?

Now help me decide what to soap first please. ☺

Latest posts

Back