Wow, tried this Euro salt recipe, love it!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the complement Navigator9 but that was Dorymae's soapie! :D Also since I sell I would never put medium grain even on the top of the soap. People are not smart enough to flick it off and it can badly abrase the skin JMO

Thanks for the complement Navigator9 but that was Dorymae's soapie! :D Also since I sell I would never put medium grain even on the top of the soap. People are not smart enough to flick it off and it can badly abrase the skin JMO

I sell also however this is my first salt water soap, so it is just for me and my guinea pigs, and we know not to rub raw salt on us! Eventually when I perfect a recipe for it I will add it to the line up, but that won't be for at least 6 months. (Assuming everyone loves this particular recipe.)

Dorymae yours looks very pretty with the pink salt on top.

One quick question, does any of you who made this soap experienced any sweating? I'm gonna make some tonight with activated charcoal, but tot i ask first. My salt bars sweat, so i'm wondering about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Ooops, sorry Dorymae! I guess I should have paid attention when I got the notice that my eye exam was due. lol

Still waiting for my salt to arrive....making plans and getting antsy to start! I told some friends and they are anxious to be guinea pigs. :-D

No harm no foul, and you did make a good point for anyone who doesn't know.... People in general do not know what to do with things you put in your soap. So if you put on a decoration that could scratch, like a plastic decoration you do need to be clear to take them off. It seems like common sense but you know common sense is not common anymore!

Made a tiny tester batch with charcoal, scented with lemongrass and peppermint eo. I did use more coconut than normal (35%) coz i was paranoid it won't lather.

We'll see...

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Made my first brine soap today and I'm wondering how these bars will be to cut. Do they need to be cut quickly like a salt bar or can I wait until the loaf is much firmer?

I ended up cutting mine around 5 hours or so. They were still soft but not enough to leave drag marks, they are really nice looking bars.

I think it depends on how much you add water in the recipe. I followed the original brine salt soap recipe and I added 36% water as % of oils. After 24 hours later, I was a bit worried because it was still so soft. I had to wait for full two days before I was able to cut the soap. But once it was out the mold, surprisingly, it hardened quickly and now it is as hard as a rock! For my next brine salt soap, I am going to add 30% ~ 33% water to see how it goes. Perhaps I don't have to wait for two days to cut the soap.

Latest posts

Back