How many knitters?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenfrat

Reaction score
I first took up knitting about 11 years ago. I was inspired by a member on another soapers forum back then.
So, how many here knit? What are you working on? I'm currently knitting squares for what I'm hoping will be some gorgeous heirloom afghans.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1393935203.836422.jpg

I taught myself to knit about 4 yrs ago. (Keep in mind I am 59 yrs old!). I mostly knit washcloths to go with my soap in a gift set. I have knitted baby blankets as gifts, also.

Those are gorgeous!

I don't knit. I am not quite sure why I can't master the two needles, but I can't.

I do, however, crochet and loom knit. It is how I fill my time between soap batches. I just finished the last loom knit hat for the season(I hope), and am working on making water bottle cozies with attached shoulder straps with sliding cushions for the shoulder. Or maybe I will make some with wrist straps. Not sure yet. It is a design in progress. Then it is on to socks as I just got a sock loom. So much yarn, so little time. :-D

Those are beautiful! Is that cotton yarn? Because if it is, I want to know where you got it. Those colors are gorgeous! I am assuming a soap saver is to put the small bits from the end of the bar in? And did you make your own patterns? Or did you get them from somewhere else? I will probably be guilty of stealing those ideas, either way. :D I don't sell anything, so if you do, I won't be competing, I promise.

I was watching people make bath poufs and scrubbies from tulle and mesh netting on YouTube yesterday. I was intrigued. Always the beginning of the process...

Does anyone here make those? I was thinking it would be a good thing in a gift basket with soap. You could get matching colors to your soap.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments! That's the 3rd square for the afghan. I'm currently working on the forth. Each one is likes it's own little mini project!

*raises hand*

I knit, nothing complicated at all, but lately I have been making a lot of hats. They are incredibly easy and knit up fast.

I knit and I also figured out how to crochet a few months ago.

My Mum taught me to knit when I was six years old and I still have the very first thing I ever knitted in my keepsake chest. It was a small scarf for my dog. My second project was a coat for her and I still have that too. I love knitting fingerless gloves and socks too, but mostly I like knitting sweaters and blouses. Got socks on the needles at the moment.

I knit and crochet too. Only trouble is I am ADHD so I always have at least a half-dozen half-finished projects on the go. Right now I have a child's blanket, my husbands sweater, a child's sweater, a scarf (no make that three scarves) and more half done! I do still complete things, I just have a short attention span so when I get bored I move to something else.

I do that too! Makes the place so messy I'm really trying to stick to one thing at a time.

I knit and crochet too. Only trouble is I am ADHD so I always have at least a half-dozen half-finished projects on the go. Right now I have a child's blanket, my husbands sweater, a child's sweater, a scarf (no make that three scarves) and more half done! I do still complete things, I just have a short attention span so when I get bored I move to something else.

Me too! I have the afghans, 2 pairs of socks, a sock yarn blankie, and a hex afghan.

Another knitter here! Been knitting ohhh, about 9 years now. Originally learned so I could knit diaper covers for my babies (we used cloth), then branched out from there. I have a horrible time trying to knit clothes, so I stick to accessories and blankets. Both of my grandmothers did crochet, and I am just now deciding I would like to learn that as well, so I bought a few books and crochet hooks to get me started. Now all I need is the motivation :lol:

I'm a knitter, too! I use my knitted hemp washcloths every time I shower. Washcloths and scarves - that's what I can knit. Or anything else that is a flat rectangle. But give me a crochet hook and I can go 3-d!

Your squares look heirloom to me! I especially love the tweediness of the charcoal square. What kind of yarn is that?

I knit and crochet, taught myself as a kid. Mostly at the moment I do knitted dishcloths and I'm on my 9th crocodile scarf now as we are in Autumn and will be coming into Winter.

Latest posts

Back