Christmas 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's on again folks, the big countdown. Another year down and we're all another year older, but happier for making soap.

50 weeks to go.
gingerbread.gif
gingerbread.gif
gingerbread.gif

Maybe if I start planning now I can get my soapy gifts done before Christmas this year!

Yes! Christmas again!

Now is the time to have those Castile's curing.

Now is the time to try out some new recipes.

Now is the time to buy some Christmas scents for those that use FO's. Lol.

Now is the time to try to make Santa Suit Red.

I could go on, and on, and on...

santa-dance.gif

Last edited:
I've been on holidays enjoying my swimming with no computer access, that's why I was so long.

This past year I actually did not make any Christmas soaps. Just at the time I would have been doing that was when we bought the house and were working on it and moving. So I KNOW I'll do better this year. I did some research on scents but don't know where I put that. So I may have to start over. Are the companies' reports of which are best sellers a good place to begin? And which companies can I still get them from this time of year?

Last edited:
I've been on holidays enjoying my swimming with no computer access, that's why I was so long.

No one is allowed Holidays and swimming! Must give us fair warning. We worry. A little postcard post maybe? Lol. :p

That goes for those that youtube too and some of us look for weeks with nothing. We get worried.

This past year I actually did not make any Christmas soaps. Just at the time I would have been doing that was when we bought the house and were working on it and moving. So I KNOW I'll do better this year. I did some research on scents but don't know where I put that. So I may have to start over. Are the companies' reports of which are best sellers a good place to begin? And which companies can I still get them from this time of year?

Ruthie;

I can't comment on any best sellers. I can say that some suppliers (if you use FO's, I can't, sigh) have Christmas FO's marked down right now. But that will change in a week or two. Hopefully someone can advise on the best sellers for you. Hope you are all moved and tucked in somewhere cozy!

No one is allowed Holidays and swimming! Must give us fair warning. We worry. A little postcard post maybe? Lol. :p
QUOTE]

Woops, sorry, the mods knew I was gone and where, don't want to give too much away to the whole world if you know what I mean. The swimming was nice though.

Hmph. Very well, no computer access is a reasonable excuse.

I was afraid Christmas was cancelled! Without Relle to torment us, er I mean, count it down for us, Christmas just isn't the same! ;)

Scared me, too. :shock:

BTW, it's only 4 weeks to Valentine's Day, slightly over 8 weeks to St. Pat's and slightly over 13 weeks to Easter. Just in case anyone's interested. ;)

Santa is scary, that's why I picked him and I've already done Easter - so there - nah, nah, nah, nah, nah.,did VD last year with pink hearts - won't bother again and don't do St. Pats.

I did some research on scents but don't know where I put that. So I may have to start over. Are the companies' reports of which are best sellers a good place to begin? And which companies can I still get them from this time of year?

Thanks for asking the question, Ruthie! I'm just getting started using FOs and was wondering the same thing about best sellers and different companies. I would like to make some scented soaps this year, but don't want to pay the prices of EOs. Nobody knows or cares to know the difference between FOs & EOs it seems. They just want nice smelling soaps.
I want to make something fancy this year and need to start early!! :razz:

Back