Carrot Juice Soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapman Ryan

Reaction score
I'm going to use carrot juice from a juicer to make an orange colored soap. If I substitute all my water for the carrot juice, will the lye burn the carrot and change its color?

I've done this and it retained the nice orange color. I scented it with kumquat from BB. Loved that soap!

I have done two with carrot juice. I freeze the juice into cubes first so it doesn't burn. (Didn't do that with a coffee batch and it smelled awful).

The orange color is beautiful. I use it for my carrot and honey complexion bar, and my pumpkin bar..... yep, gives it the pumpkin color I want that pumpkin puree doesn't give me.

Send us pics when you are done.

My carrots and clay

1385084849461.jpg

That looks SO much better than my carrot buttermilk baby soap. Mine came out a kind of ochra. (what's the spelling for that puke yellow color?)

Results:
I used 1/2 carrot juice, 1/2 tomato paste as lye water. I was hoping the tomato paste would give it a richer color. I got similar results with infused annatto seeds.
I'll stick with with annatto seeds for my orange coloring.
Here's the pic: (the soap is sitting on a paper towel, to offset color)

Carrot soap.jpg

Beautiful! You have inspired me. I'm making a batch with store bought carrots, instead of waiting 3 months for mine to come in. Did you scent them?

Beautiful! You have inspired me. I'm making a batch with store bought carrots, instead of waiting 3 months for mine to come in. Did you scent them?

I used store bought carrots myself, and the scent is 15x Orange from WSP.

Back