How do you market your 'less than perfect' soaps for sale?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100%Natural

Reaction score
I'm wondering how those of you that sell off your soaps that didn't make the cut for aesthetics etc sell your soaps? Do you have a clever catch phrase?

I'm trying to think of a clever way to market them so I can at least recoup my costs with these bars.

What about cutting your "seconds" bars into 1 to 1 1/2 ounce sample-sized bars and selling them at $1 each or 6 for $5? Someone in a recent thread is doing this and said she is having good sales on these bars.

I sell 'em naked in a big basket at a lower price. I have actually put the words "Fugly Bucket" on it and sold a ton of them that day :) Have to be more conservative with my wording locally, though. But they fly. I like the idea of cutting them smaller, too. I may steal that!

I made a beer soap recently that is perfectly good soap with a wonderful warm woodsy FO, but my planned color scheme utterly failed. Since the theme was masculine to begin with, I decided to play up the theme and am calling it my "Frank Lee Ugly" soap. The label has a picture of a homely fellow wearing a bowler hat and silly grin.

I give mine away to local or national places that need them, mostly animal rescue organizations, transitional housing, etc. I cut them for samples and send them when I ship out packages.

I rebatched mine down for my extra scrubby mud bars and get full price for them. Some go into a "Seconds" bucket and sold at 1/2 price. In some markets they sell well in some no. But my scrubby mud bars always sell.

I make mine for fun. Ocasionally I make a large batch and take them to the office where my hubby works and sell them, So far never tried to fairs or anything, but I think I need more experience before I venture.

So if ever, the extras or ugliest, I too take to the local women's center.

Latest posts

Back