Square Card Reader (Canada)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

100%Natural

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone in Canada has been using the Square reader for sales? I have heard terrible reviews about their customer service or should I say lack thereof.

A friend of mine signed up months ago for an account and still hasn't received her reader and hasn't heard a peep from customer service either.

With PayPal not being available here yet, I believe it is my only option.

Has anyone had any trouble with it? Is it worth the possible headaches?

I just signed up today, so I'll let you know :) So far I'm happy with the app and the website, but we'll see how long it takes to get my card reader :)

I think it does give you the option to manually input the card number but it charges you and extra 15 cents for charges manually input. I did get an email last night saying my card reader had shipped, and that it would take 5-10 business days to arrive.

I got an email saying that it was shipped a couple of days ago. I don't believe it for a second, but here's hoping they actually did!

Apparently they couldn't verify my bank account so I had to input the info again, the account has mine and my husbands name on it, but I'm wondering if for some reason the bank doesn't recognize me as the account holder, so I filled in the info again with my husbands name on it..will see what happens. Card reader hasn't arrived yet, but I only signed up last Monday.

I was able to verify mine without any trouble but I have heard of others having trouble. Usually they are with minor banks/credit unions when they are having trouble. One lady even changed banks over it because the bank gave them such attitude when asked for help....

Apparently you can go and pick up the reader at an Apple Store, Walmart, Futureshop etc and they will reimburse you for the cost. There is supposed to be a code you can use to get your money back.

I saw that too 100%Natural! I'm kind of skeptical though about getting reimbursed. Lindy, I use Scotiabank, but we've had issues with them in the past over my name. I was originally added to the account with my maiden name, then when we got married I went and requested a name change, and they had me sign a card. A few months later when I went to deposit a check with my married name on it they said that wasn't the name on the account..blah blah blah. Typically I just use my husbands name on things like that because it saves me this kind of hassle.

Ouch that's not fair Krystal!

I got my reader today and I am so excited to try it and see how well it works at the mall. My reception there is not the best but I have an iPhone now and it seems to get better reception than my Samsung did...

Here's hoping anyways...

Good luck with it! I got the bank account sorted out, so now I'm just waiting for my reader, I only signed up last Monday, so I'm not expecting it yet, but would LOVE to have it before the weekend, I have a show that I think I could make a lot more money at if I had it available. I might have to check Future Shop or something and pick one up.

My card reader arrived today! I have a show this weekend so I'll be trying it out!

I finally got my reader! Woot woot! Now for a very dumb question. Can you accept a regular debit (bank) card with the reader or is it just Visa and Mastercard?

Latest posts

Back