Another (pics added)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut pics coming later - this is Himalayan Bamboo scented. Faux funnel pour. Green, Yellow, Purple.

IMG_1266.jpg

How do you control your gelling? It's my understanding temperature causes gelling. Do you refrigerate?[/QUOTE

Yes, I refrigerate, to stop my soap gelling, I put it in the frig overnight or about 8 hrs or so, take it out and let sit to harden and decide when it needs cutting. I don't like the translucent look, I prefer them to look creamy.

How do you control your gelling? It's my understanding temperature causes gelling. Do you refrigerate?[/QUOTE

Yes, I refrigerate, to stop my soap gelling, I put it in the frig overnight or about 8 hrs or so, take it out and let sit to harden and decide when it needs cutting. I don't like the translucent look, I prefer them to look creamy.

I like creamy too. How do you make creamy? No gelling?

Very nice cuts as well. I haven't seen too many swirls I like, the multi colors are usually too much for me personally. I like the blue/purple and yellow together, they compliment nicely and the swirl came out excellent.

I like creamy too. How do you make creamy? No gelling?

Very nice cuts as well. I haven't seen too many swirls I like, the multi colors are usually too much for me personally. I like the blue/purple and yellow together, they compliment nicely and the swirl came out excellent.

Yes, creamy is no gelling. Have a look at my Lemon Meringue one. This is not a swirl, it's a skewer pulled through the soap.

Okay. Either way, it's pretty. Do you put your soaps in the same fridge where your food is? Is that even safe, does lye dissipate?

Latest posts

Back