felted soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are gorgeous designs! I can't see all around the soap but I think they are needle felted separately and then the soap is slotted inside. The description says they are reusable so there must be an opening somewhere.

Some people make soap jumpers by knitting/crocheting a little sleeve for them, putting the soap inside and then rubbing it in hot water to felt it around the soap. This makes a very tight fit and I don't think it would be resuable. I don't think this is what the maker has done here because the designs are very neat.

Pippi ~ I saw your Cardinal you felted for your mom the other day on FB and I just have to say that it was gorgeous & you really caught on to felting really quick.

or they may be needle felted designs on a wet felted bar. they're sooo, sooo pretty, but price description is confusing, implying $51 for a bar of soap?! i think maybe it's for all four in the set.

Last edited:
oh, and I stumbled across a tutorial for soap like this, I didn't keep the link though, sorry.
You needlefelt the design, gently felt the design to wool, then felt the wool to the soap. Makes sense- every time I see one of these I imagine needle felting ON a bar of soap and all I can see is broken felting needles..... :p

This is Melanie of the previously mentioned tutorial. I always wet felt a base, then needle felt on top of that. As long as you have the good needle felting habit of plunging your needle in a straight up and down motion-not angled which puts too much strain on the needle-you shouldn't have any trouble with breakage.

Some of my felted soap work is attached.

pohutukawa-felted-soap.jpg

3d-felted-soap.jpg

animal-soap-group.jpg

That is so awesome you are a member of this board! I think your soaps look great!

Thanks, maiseycat. I'm more of a fibre artist who occasionally makes soap than a proper soaper, but this forum is definitely the best place to come for help in the soap realm.

There is no way you'll get the clean lines of the gorgeous crewel-work look of the soaps from Etsy by needle felting then wet felting. The design would inevitably get muddled about as you wet felt and the wool shrinks.

There is a link to my wet felting soap tutorial in the previously mentioned link if anyone needs it.

I did get my soaps felted! Felting is so relaxing & so easy!!! I love using the Merino Wool. It is so soft!

To do a design after the soap is felted, a transfer pen can be used to transfer a design onto the felted soap to follow as a pattern.

il_fullxfull.447648104_4odw.jpg

Latest posts

Back