Bear fat soap #2

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soaplady22

Reaction score
I tweaked my recipe, taking 6 oz. from the bear fat column and adding it to the palm kernel column. There - that should help it harden up better. Although I'm sure, in time, the first batch will get there. Is this what they mean by letting your soap cure??? :roll:

I also want to stretch out my bear fat/tallow. I don't know when I will be able to aquire more. It'll be at least a year - if I'm lucky.

I upped the mica and the black oxide just a tad - but it still looks a bit light. I used a 2 cup swirl in a 3# batch. (4# of soap batter if you include the water)

I'll post again after they cure -
And yes, I'll post pictures of this batch tomorrow!! :D

Soap snap shots for all you addicts out there !!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tweaking my recipe certainly helped - it's much more manageable now.
I'll post after a few week's cure just to let you all know. But it's much like lard soap -- only it seems more bubbly to me.
And no game smell came through into the final product. It was in the soap batch while melting, but not now.

Thank you!! :)

It's the rainbow green mica from Bitter Creek.

(So far I LOVE this soap!!)

But then again, I have a market for it up here in the wilds. I imagine in the city people wouldn't take to it too kindly.

Latest posts

Back